Harvey Drew and the Bling Bots
Written by Cas Lester
Part of the Harvey Drew Adventures Series
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Harvey Drew is an ordinary eleven-year-old who dreams of great adventures in outer space. The Toxic Spew is an intergalactic waste disposal ship. The two are on a collision course for chaos!
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the first title in the series, Harvey Drew and the Bin Men from Outer Space. You can read their reviews below.
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'This is an absolutely hilarious story. It made me laugh out loud and I stormed through it in a single sitting. It's the funniest book I've read in a long time. You must read it!' Read full review >
- Patrick John Griffith, age 8 - 'This belly achingly funny adventure story is the best book I have ever read. It would suit all adventure lovers who love a chuckle! Five star fun!' Read full review >
- Caroline Holland, aged 10 - 'a great book for anyone who is into space, aliens and a bit of adventure.' Read full review >
- Rohan Delamere, age 8 - 'Harvey Drew and the Bin Men from Outer Space is a great book. Harvey gets transported to outer space and becomes the captain of a space ship for space bin men.' Read full review >
- Matilda Greenacre, age 7 - 'Harvey is an ordinary boy that ends up on an intergalactic space adventure aboard the Toxic Spew (a waste disposal ship in space). This is a brilliant adventure story, that’s really fun to read.' Read full review >
- Ross Dawson, age 10 - 'This book gives Harvey an adventure that boys like me can only dream of! Read it for yourself and see if you agree...' Read full review >
- George Johnson, age 7 - 'This book was mega-funny, I just couldn't stop laughing. My mum came upstairs after bedtime to see what all the noise was about!' Read full review >
- Oliver Cooper, age 9 - 'I thoroughly enjoyed this book and couldn’t put it down!' Read full review >
- Alice East, age 9 - 'This was a really exiting book with lots of funny creatures. Harvey found himself in an unexpected place and had lots of adventures.' Read full review >
- Toby Slocombe, age 10 - 'This fantastic book is full of a child’s imagination. The characters fill the book with laughter and gives the text a jolly feeling. The amazing plots are well built up.' Read full review >
- Alina Wraith, age 8 - 'Harvey Drew and the Binmen From Outer Space was a great book...Overall I would give it ten out of ten.' Read full review >
- Alexander Bateman, age 8 - 'The book overall is very good and one of the best books I’ve ever read...Cas Lester is now one of my favourite authors because she is very imaginative.' Read full review >
- Emily Lonsdale, aged 8 - 'I liked it because though I have read many books about adventures in space this one was different. You never quite knew what was going to happen next.' Read full review >
- Toby Pickering, age 7 - 'I liked this book because Harvey used his knowledge of captaining his football team to help him to captain the Toxic Spew.' Read full review >
- Joseph Harris-hart, age 11 - 'This is a very humorous story about a boy called Harvey Drew who suddenly finds himself on the flight deck of the Toxic Spew, a waste disposal spaceship.' Read full review >
- Barnaby Foyster, age 8 - 'I love this book. It is very exciting. I was thinking 'is he going to get home? Is he going to be alright?' I would recommend this book to friends who like space adventure.' Read full review >
- Sophie Sharp - 'Harvey Drew loves everything about space. He has an alien app on his computer because he thinks there is life in outer space and he wants to get one of their messages...I love this book. It is very exciting.' Read full review
Win a SIGNED set of Treehouse books!
The Treehouse books are hugely popular and deservedly so. Created by Andy Griffiths and Terry Denton, the books are full of imagination and incredibly funny. It started with The 13-Storey Treehouse and now there are 6 in the series, including 78-Storey Treehouse published in January.
If you haven't read them yet try your luck in our prize giveaway! We are giving away FIVE sets of the first FOUR books in the series, all SIGNED!
To have a chance of winning one of these great prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 2 March 2017. The winners will be notified by 16 March 2017.
Harvey Drew and the Bling Bots by Cas Lester
Harvey thinks he has the best job in the world: he's stumbled into being captain of a real live space ship! Except it's the Toxic Spew - the filthiest, grubbiest, and definitely the most dysfunctional garbage ship in the known galaxy. And with the most argumentative and chaotic crew on board. While on their way to the next rubbish pick-up, the crew get word of a stranded cargo ship that happens to be carrying the most valuable substance in the Known Universe, and Beyond - Techno-tium. Whoever rescues the cargo gets to claim it. Thinking they will soon be disgustingly rich, the crew aims their ship towards the treasure. But they don't bet on running into the most notorious and ruthless pirates around: the Bling Bots from the planet Sy-Boorg! Harvey must try and save the day again - before the Toxic Spew gets disposed of itself, once and for all.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 5
More books by Cas Lester
Hot Key Books
2nd October 2014
Hot Key Books is an imprint of Hot Key
Hot Key Books, a division of Bonnier Publishing, publish stand out, quality fiction, for 9 – 19 year olds, print and digital that people like to talk about. If you are looking for something a little bit different from your books, something a little bit special then Hot Key Books may well have just what you want.
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11