Legacy of the Claw
Written by C. R. Grey
Part of the Animas Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
November 2014 Debut of the Month Discover the first book in a new series which is set on a different world, one where humans link with particular animals in a strong and wonderful bond. Bailey doesn't have his Animas connection, which marks him as spectacularly different to everyone else. The first part of the book does have some similarities to the Harry Potter series, the school setting, the school transportation and the school game in particular; consequently the resemblance does linger in your mind for a time. Comparisons to Harry Potter however fade into the background when the story really gets going and by the end, this tale very firmly belongs to itself. The risks and hazards build throughout the book to an explosive ending, which is clever as it still leaves you wanting to know more… much, much, more. ~ Liz Robinson
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'An exciting magical adventure which fans of Harry Potter will love. I can’t wait to read the next in the series!' Read full review >
- Ronan McCarthy, age 13 - 'I enjoyed Legacy of the Claw. It is a very similar idea to ‘Harry Potter’ but is also very different.' Read full review >
- William Longlands, age 11 - '4/5. I look forward to reading the next book in the series.' Read full review >
- Gabriel Phelan, age 10 - 'A great book. After every sentence you will want to read on. This is a book that you will never want to put down.' Read full review >
- Zachary Bayman, age 10 - 'A brilliant read, can`t wait for the next one in the series.' Read full review >
- Eleanor Cookdale, age 9 - 'a thrilling story about Bailey, a boy who is different to other children, and who is searching for his place in the world...I think it is an absolutely awesome book, and I really want to read the next one.' Read full review >
- Cajsa Jonsson, age 9 - 'This book was intriguing once I got into it. I thought it was a really good book and I'd recommend the book to readers aged 10+.' Read full review >
Legacy of the Claw by C. R. Grey
In a world where humans have animal companions, one boy must fulfil his hidden destiny. When Bailey enters the prestigious Fairmount Academy as a freshman, he is the only member of his class who doesn't yet have an Animas. And in a world where the bond between human and animal is the guiding principle to life, this makes him an outsider both at school and in the world at large.
But Bailey is more important than he knows. He is the key to an ancient prophecy that will restore the rightful heir to the throne of a kingdom ripping at the seams. Through his budding friendships with Hal, Tori and Phi, along with the unlikely help of renegade teacher and former conspiracy theorist Tremelo, Bailey must learn to find his Animas, piece together the riddle of the prophecy and start on the path that will lead them all to their destinies.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
C. R. Grey
More books by C. R. Grey
Hot Key Books
6th November 2014
Hot Key Books is an imprint of Hot Key
Hot Key Books, a division of Bonnier Publishing, publish stand out, quality fiction, for 9 – 19 year olds, print and digital that people like to talk about. If you are looking for something a little bit different from your books, something a little bit special then Hot Key Books may well have just what you want.
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15