Pigsticks and Harold and the Tuptown Thief
Written by Alex Milway
Part of the Pigsticks and Harold Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
The second in a delightfully funny series for 6+ year olds in which a pig and a hamster solve crimes that no one else seems able to do so, step aside Holmes and Watson - only Pigsticks and Harold can solve the case of the Tuptown Thief! Join Pigsticks and Harold and see if you can guess who the thief is before they do. Brilliant stuff.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the first title in this series, Pigsticks and Harold and the Incredible Journey. You can read their reviews below.
- Lauren Carver, age 7 - 'I think Pigsticks and Harold is a very funny book with funny names. They are trying to find the end of the earth. The reason I like Harold is because he loves CAKE like me!' Read full review >
- Lauren Randall, age 6 - 'I liked all the interesting pictures and especially the part with the parachute.' Read full review >
- Matthew Wilson, age 6 - 'This is a REALLY great book. It's really funny (especially Bobbins the angry mouse).' Read full review >
- Grace Philpot, age 7 - 'This book tells the story of a pig called Pigsticks and a hamster called Harold. It is a funny adventurous story...I found it very easy to read and I liked the illustrations.' Read full review >
- Luke Douglas, age 6 - 'Pigsticks wants to go to the end of the earth, but he wants a partner to go with him. He chooses Harold the hamster. Really good...Funny and I liked the pictures.' Read full review >
- Robyn Chorley, age 5 (and mum) - This was a great book to share with Robyn...It was very funny and had us both laughing out loud.' Read full review >
- Oliver Lonsdale, age 6 - 'Very funny book, I loved Pigsticks and Harold particulary who loved his cake. The pictures are lovely and I hope he has more adventures.' Read full review >
- Evie Aconley, age 7 - 'A fun adventure book that takes you to the end of the world...It was funny and made me smile!' Read full review >
- Isabel, age 6 - 'It is great to read, I loved reading it...I got the jokes and I liked the drawings a lot.' Read full review >
- Bella Hussain, age 7 - 'The story is very funny made me smile!' Read full review >
- Daniel Bisland, age 6 - 'I enjoyed the book because I like adventures. I love the colourful pictures in the book. I like Pigsticks and Harold because they are the main characters and they are funny.' Read full review >
- Aaraav Mehta, age 5 - 'It was a great adventure going to the Ends of the Earth with the two friends, Harold and Pigsticks.' Read full review >
- Jessica Cobbin, age 7 - 'I love this book, and I want to read more books in this series.' Read full review >
- Val Cobbin, Jessica's Mum - 'I think that books like this with their lavish illustrations and humorous touches are a great way to get children enthused about books.' Read full review >
Pigsticks and Harold and the Tuptown Thief by Alex Milway
There's a thief on the loose in Tuptown, and the annual Butterfly Ball will be cancelled unless someone is brought to justice. Luckily, Pigsticks has crime-fighting in his blood and a magnifying glass in his hand. Will Detective Pigsticks and his keen-eyes assistant Harold solve the crime? And can they do it in time to save the Butterfly Ball?
About the Author
Interest Age: From 6
More books by Alex Milway
Walker Books Ltd
6th November 2014
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15