Pigsticks and Harold and the Tuptown Thief
Written by Alex Milway
Part of the Pigsticks and Harold Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
The second in a delightfully funny series for 6+ year olds in which a pig and a hamster solve crimes that no one else seems able to do so, step aside Holmes and Watson - only Pigsticks and Harold can solve the case of the Tuptown Thief! Join Pigsticks and Harold and see if you can guess who the thief is before they do. Brilliant stuff.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the first title in this series, Pigsticks and Harold and the Incredible Journey. You can read their reviews below.
- Lauren Carver, age 7 - 'I think Pigsticks and Harold is a very funny book with funny names. They are trying to find the end of the earth. The reason I like Harold is because he loves CAKE like me!' Read full review >
- Lauren Randall, age 6 - 'I liked all the interesting pictures and especially the part with the parachute.' Read full review >
- Matthew Wilson, age 6 - 'This is a REALLY great book. It's really funny (especially Bobbins the angry mouse).' Read full review >
- Grace Philpot, age 7 - 'This book tells the story of a pig called Pigsticks and a hamster called Harold. It is a funny adventurous story...I found it very easy to read and I liked the illustrations.' Read full review >
- Luke Douglas, age 6 - 'Pigsticks wants to go to the end of the earth, but he wants a partner to go with him. He chooses Harold the hamster. Really good...Funny and I liked the pictures.' Read full review >
- Robyn Chorley, age 5 (and mum) - This was a great book to share with Robyn...It was very funny and had us both laughing out loud.' Read full review >
- Oliver Lonsdale, age 6 - 'Very funny book, I loved Pigsticks and Harold particulary who loved his cake. The pictures are lovely and I hope he has more adventures.' Read full review >
- Evie Aconley, age 7 - 'A fun adventure book that takes you to the end of the world...It was funny and made me smile!' Read full review >
- Isabel, age 6 - 'It is great to read, I loved reading it...I got the jokes and I liked the drawings a lot.' Read full review >
- Bella Hussain, age 7 - 'The story is very funny made me smile!' Read full review >
- Daniel Bisland, age 6 - 'I enjoyed the book because I like adventures. I love the colourful pictures in the book. I like Pigsticks and Harold because they are the main characters and they are funny.' Read full review >
- Aaraav Mehta, age 5 - 'It was a great adventure going to the Ends of the Earth with the two friends, Harold and Pigsticks.' Read full review >
- Jessica Cobbin, age 7 - 'I love this book, and I want to read more books in this series.' Read full review >
- Val Cobbin, Jessica's Mum - 'I think that books like this with their lavish illustrations and humorous touches are a great way to get children enthused about books.' Read full review >
Win a SIGNED set of Treehouse books!
The Treehouse books are hugely popular and deservedly so. Created by Andy Griffiths and Terry Denton, the books are full of imagination and incredibly funny. It started with The 13-Storey Treehouse and now there are 6 in the series, including 78-Storey Treehouse published in January.
If you haven't read them yet try your luck in our prize giveaway! We are giving away FIVE sets of the first FOUR books in the series, all SIGNED!
To have a chance of winning one of these great prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 2 March 2017. The winners will be notified by 16 March 2017.
Pigsticks and Harold and the Tuptown Thief by Alex Milway
There's a thief on the loose in Tuptown, and the annual Butterfly Ball will be cancelled unless someone is brought to justice. Luckily, Pigsticks has crime-fighting in his blood and a magnifying glass in his hand. Will Detective Pigsticks and his keen-eyes assistant Harold solve the crime? And can they do it in time to save the Butterfly Ball?
About the Author
Interest Age: From 6
More books by Alex Milway
Walker Books Ltd
6th November 2014
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East