Written by Alex Bell
Part of the Red Eye Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Following the sudden death of her best friend, Sophie hopes that spending the summer with family on a remote Scottish island will be just what she needs. But the old schoolhouse, with its tragic history, is anything but an escape. History is about to repeat itself. And Sophie is in terrible danger...
Teens love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert review, some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Charlotte Crisp, age 14 - 'This story is a great read. It's filled with mystery and surprises. I loved it and read it faster than I normally read anything. I can’t wait for the rest of the Red Eye titles!' Read full review >
- Ayesha, age 16 - 'a novel with the perfect ingredients for a thriller. Alex Bell has intricately weaved her storyline with thrilling turns and twists you won’t see coming!' Read full review >
- Madi Campbell, age 14 - 'a chilling story which is definitely worth a read, however only if you can handle the horrifying descriptions which bring the terrifying story to life. Read full review >
- Izzy Read, age 14 - 'If you like horror movies or even If you just fancy a change, I would highly recommend this thrilling book.'Read full review >
- Karianne Turner age 12 - 'This was an amazing book and one I will be reading over and over again. Alex Bell – you are a great author and you should be proud of Frozen Charlotte.' Read full review >
- Ieva Galinauskaite, age 13 - 'I really enjoyed reading this book and I would recommend this to a friend.' Read full review >
- Louise Kerr, age 14 - 'Alex Bell has succeeded in creating a creepy, suspenseful novel and it will appeal to anyone who likes this genre. But beware! It will give you a real fright.' Read full review >
- Edel Waugh - 'I never was quite sure who was crazy in the book or who was telling the truth until the heart stopping ending. Oh what an ending!!' Read full review >
- Mariam Ahmed - 'Frozen Charlotte was very unique and interesting. It definitely does live up to its name – it’s a thriller!' Read full review >
- Khadijah Ahmed - 'Frozen Charlotte is a horror story with so much unleashed potential.' Read full review >
- Charlotte Hall - 'An old school suffers from a series of tragic, bizarre accidents and unexplained deaths.' Read full review >
- Chloe Shortall - 'This novel was scary from the very start. It was very hard to stop reading.' Read full review >
Frozen Charlotte by Alex Bell
We're waiting for you to come and play. Dunvegan School for Girls has been closed for many years. Converted into a family home, the teachers and students are long gone. But they left something behind...Sophie arrives at the old schoolhouse to spend the summer with her cousins. Brooding Cameron with his scarred hand, strange Lillias with a fear of bones and Piper, who seems just a bit too good to be true. And then there's her other cousin. The girl with a room full of antique dolls. The girl that shouldn't be there. The girl that died.
Frozen Charlotte is one in a new horror series for teens called Red Eye giving the gruesome and ghastly a contemporary makeover. Check out Sleepless by Lou Morgan, also from the Red Eye series - the nightmare begins when you're awake.....!
Fast paced, Frozen Charlotte will keep you turning the pages once you get into the story, because once you start, you'll need to know what's actually going on. Studio Reads
I could almost imagine this book being played out as a movie, one with a lot of silence and creep-up-on-you scenes. Reading In Between the Lines
Full of plot twists and turns and creepiness by the barrel full, if you like a read that will keep you guessing and get your heart racing - you've found it... Bookaholic Confessions
About the Author
Interest Age: From 13
More books by Alex Bell
Stripes Publishing an imprint of Little Tiger Press Group
5th January 2015
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10