Written by Alex Bell
Part of the Red Eye Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
when in stock
As soon as this book is back in stock we will send you an email.Compare book price We'd love you to buy your books from Lovereading - especially if we helped you to choose them! But as our mantra is guidance, and that includes guidance on price, please do use our 'Compare Book Price' service to discover if the best value deal is from Lovereading or another specialist bookstore.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Following the sudden death of her best friend, Sophie hopes that spending the summer with family on a remote Scottish island will be just what she needs. But the old schoolhouse, with its tragic history, is anything but an escape. History is about to repeat itself. And Sophie is in terrible danger...
Teens love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert review, some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Charlotte Crisp, age 14 - 'This story is a great read. It's filled with mystery and surprises. I loved it and read it faster than I normally read anything. I can’t wait for the rest of the Red Eye titles!' Read full review >
- Ayesha, age 16 - 'a novel with the perfect ingredients for a thriller. Alex Bell has intricately weaved her storyline with thrilling turns and twists you won’t see coming!' Read full review >
- Madi Campbell, age 14 - 'a chilling story which is definitely worth a read, however only if you can handle the horrifying descriptions which bring the terrifying story to life. Read full review >
- Izzy Read, age 14 - 'If you like horror movies or even If you just fancy a change, I would highly recommend this thrilling book.'Read full review >
- Karianne Turner age 12 - 'This was an amazing book and one I will be reading over and over again. Alex Bell – you are a great author and you should be proud of Frozen Charlotte.' Read full review >
- Ieva Galinauskaite, age 13 - 'I really enjoyed reading this book and I would recommend this to a friend.' Read full review >
- Louise Kerr, age 14 - 'Alex Bell has succeeded in creating a creepy, suspenseful novel and it will appeal to anyone who likes this genre. But beware! It will give you a real fright.' Read full review >
- Edel Waugh - 'I never was quite sure who was crazy in the book or who was telling the truth until the heart stopping ending. Oh what an ending!!' Read full review >
- Mariam Ahmed - 'Frozen Charlotte was very unique and interesting. It definitely does live up to its name – it’s a thriller!' Read full review >
- Khadijah Ahmed - 'Frozen Charlotte is a horror story with so much unleashed potential.' Read full review >
- Charlotte Hall - 'An old school suffers from a series of tragic, bizarre accidents and unexplained deaths.' Read full review >
- Chloe Shortall - 'This novel was scary from the very start. It was very hard to stop reading.' Read full review >
Frozen Charlotte by Alex Bell
We're waiting for you to come and play. Dunvegan School for Girls has been closed for many years. Converted into a family home, the teachers and students are long gone. But they left something behind...Sophie arrives at the old schoolhouse to spend the summer with her cousins. Brooding Cameron with his scarred hand, strange Lillias with a fear of bones and Piper, who seems just a bit too good to be true. And then there's her other cousin. The girl with a room full of antique dolls. The girl that shouldn't be there. The girl that died.
Frozen Charlotte is one in a new horror series for teens called Red Eye giving the gruesome and ghastly a contemporary makeover. Check out Sleepless by Lou Morgan, also from the Red Eye series - the nightmare begins when you're awake.....!
Fast paced, Frozen Charlotte will keep you turning the pages once you get into the story, because once you start, you'll need to know what's actually going on. Studio Reads
I could almost imagine this book being played out as a movie, one with a lot of silence and creep-up-on-you scenes. Reading In Between the Lines
Full of plot twists and turns and creepiness by the barrel full, if you like a read that will keep you guessing and get your heart racing - you've found it... Bookaholic Confessions
About the Author
Interest Age: From 13
More books by Alex Bell
Stripes Publishing an imprint of Little Tiger Press Group
5th January 2015
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15