I am Henry Finch
Written by Alexis Deacon
Illustrated by Viviane Schwarz
Lovereading4kids Price £9.59
£11.99 saving £2.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
A Reader Review Panel Pick of the Year 2015 - chosen by Sam Radford, aged 5 - January 2015 Book of the Month All finches make a lot of noise! Henry Finch has grown up with a terrible racket all around him from morning until night. But he is sure that there could be more to life – if only he could have space to think! How one brave little finch becomes a hero and gives all the other finches the chance to do their own thing is beautifully realised in Viviane Schwarz’s witty thumb print illustrations. ~ Julia Eccleshare
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Ruby, age 5 and Nicola Laverty - 'This was a really lovely book...This book is perfect to share with young children and prompts more discussion with every reading.'
- William 5, Alexander 3 and Selina - 'Very imaginative & thought provoking. After reading this book it led into a conversation about being an individual & having your own opinions. A great book for primary school age children.'
- James McNichol, age 4 - 'A unique children’s book.'
- Emily, age 4 - 'We loved this book so much that the first time we picked it up, we read it together four times in succession - praise indeed for a small child with a short attention span!'
- Rachel Zinkin, age 7 - 'We thought the book was very funny, especially when the finches are just chattering. My mummy thought the illustrator's use of fingerprints was really clever.'
- Kian Banks, age 5 - 'Kian really enjoyed this book. The illustrations are beautiful.'
- Thomas Gray, age 5 - 'I enjoyed it a lot. Henry is very cute and is not afraid to be himself.'
- Stefanie Tucker, age 15 - 'A wonderful book with terrific illustrations. I read this to 3 children aged 4 to 5 years and they loved the vocabulary and the drawings!'
Win a Limited Edition copy of The Smartest Giant in Town!
The Smartest Giant in Town, a modern classic by the uber-talented team of Julia Donaldson and Axel Sheffler, is celebrating its 15th Anniversary.
To mark this occasion we will be giving away FIVE copies of this limited edition storybook. To have a chance of winning one of these great prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 6 February 2017. The winners will be notified by 20 February 2017.
I am Henry Finch by Alexis Deacon
From award-winning picture book makers Alexis Deacon and Viviane Schwarz comes an enlightening new story about courage and making a difference. For budding philosophers of all ages, this is the uplifting story of Henry Finch the loveable little bird who strives for greatness, gets it all a bit wrong, then makes it right again in a very surprising way - truly becoming great. Henry Finch is a total inspiration.
This is an inspirational book. It is also very funny. I Am Henry Finch is a book for everyone - from the very young to the very old. It is for dreamers, philosophers, artists, the foolish and the enlightened. And anyone with a big bright idea. Vegetarians will love it too. A profound picture book experience told with simplicity and style.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 5
More books by Alexis Deacon
Walker Books Ltd
1st January 2015
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham