I am Henry Finch
Written by Alexis Deacon
Illustrated by Viviane Schwarz
Lovereading4kids Price £9.59
£11.99 saving £2.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
A Reader Review Panel Pick of the Year 2015 - chosen by Sam Radford, aged 5 - January 2015 Book of the Month All finches make a lot of noise! Henry Finch has grown up with a terrible racket all around him from morning until night. But he is sure that there could be more to life – if only he could have space to think! How one brave little finch becomes a hero and gives all the other finches the chance to do their own thing is beautifully realised in Viviane Schwarz’s witty thumb print illustrations. ~ Julia Eccleshare
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Ruby, age 5 and Nicola Laverty - 'This was a really lovely book...This book is perfect to share with young children and prompts more discussion with every reading.'
- William 5, Alexander 3 and Selina - 'Very imaginative & thought provoking. After reading this book it led into a conversation about being an individual & having your own opinions. A great book for primary school age children.'
- James McNichol, age 4 - 'A unique children’s book.'
- Emily, age 4 - 'We loved this book so much that the first time we picked it up, we read it together four times in succession - praise indeed for a small child with a short attention span!'
- Rachel Zinkin, age 7 - 'We thought the book was very funny, especially when the finches are just chattering. My mummy thought the illustrator's use of fingerprints was really clever.'
- Kian Banks, age 5 - 'Kian really enjoyed this book. The illustrations are beautiful.'
- Thomas Gray, age 5 - 'I enjoyed it a lot. Henry is very cute and is not afraid to be himself.'
- Stefanie Tucker, age 15 - 'A wonderful book with terrific illustrations. I read this to 3 children aged 4 to 5 years and they loved the vocabulary and the drawings!'
I am Henry Finch by Alexis Deacon
From award-winning picture book makers Alexis Deacon and Viviane Schwarz comes an enlightening new story about courage and making a difference. For budding philosophers of all ages, this is the uplifting story of Henry Finch the loveable little bird who strives for greatness, gets it all a bit wrong, then makes it right again in a very surprising way - truly becoming great. Henry Finch is a total inspiration.
This is an inspirational book. It is also very funny. I Am Henry Finch is a book for everyone - from the very young to the very old. It is for dreamers, philosophers, artists, the foolish and the enlightened. And anyone with a big bright idea. Vegetarians will love it too. A profound picture book experience told with simplicity and style.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 5
More books by Alexis Deacon
Walker Books Ltd
1st January 2015
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman