Written by Eve Ainsworth
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
February 2015 Debut of the Month Life at home is horrible for Jess since her father left. There’s very little money and her mum struggles just to keep the family going. But she has even worse problems at school where she is bullied, especially by Kez, for being fat and scruffily dressed. But Kez has her problems too. Watching her violent father bullying her weak mother is torment and she feels powerless to intervene. Can the two girls break out of the cycle of behaviour that makes them both victims? Maybe becoming friends will be the answer?
Eve Ainsworth says "I believe that Seven Days would be a very inspiring book for any reader that has experienced bullying, or indeed been a bully themselves. The book is not looking to judge, it is simply providing a message that there are often two sides to every story. I also hope it will help anyone who has experienced bullying to have something to identify with, but also to see that they are not weak, or pathetic just because they have been targeted. Perhaps someone else will read my book and recognise their own negative behaviours. Perhaps they can question why they are doing it and seek the help that they need.
In Seven Days I wanted to keep the message alive. Bullying is a real, on-going issue. It takes many forms, and it’s life-changing.
There can also be more than one victim".
Click here to read more about why Eve wrote Seven Days.
Teens love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Amisha McCrystal, age 12 - 'a terrific novel. An original, it’s so unpredictable...I think Eve is trying to tell people that all types of bullying must STOP NOW.' Read full review >
- Celeste Phelan, age 13 - 'a very powerful and moving story which really gave me an insight into the life of both a bully and a victim.' Read full review >
- Sophia Ufton - 'Amazing story, been in this position myself so know all about it. Really gut wrenching to picture it happening to Jessica. So sad but a brilliant book.' Read full review >
- Shannon McCluskey, age 13 - 'This is a fantastic book and really easy to get stuck into.' Read full review >
- Edel Waugh - 'This was different from any other book about bullying that I have ever read, I found it left me with a smile and sense of hope.' Read full review >
- Destiny Maraj, age 13 - 'I was hooked on 7 Days from the very first page and loved reading it!' Read full review >
- Jade Craddock - 'An interesting approach to a challenging subject in this exploration of teen bullying.' Read full review >
- Esmé Molloy, age 14 - 'This book is simply incredible...It is so deep and brutally truthful...wow.' Read full review >
- Melanie Chadwick - 'It’s a story about bullying and what happens when people take it to extremes...The climax of the book was really good.' Read full review >
Seven Days by Eve Ainsworth
School should be a safe place for Jess, a refuge from her difficult home life - but thanks to Kez and her friends, it's everything she dreads. Despite being beautiful and popular, Kez's life isn't any sweeter. She clings to the fact she is better off than Jess - or so she thinks...
About the Author
More books by Eve Ainsworth
Author's Facebook Latest
Scholastic Press an imprint of Scholastic
5th February 2015
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen