Written by Anthony Horowitz
Part of the Alex Rider Series
Lovereading4kids Price £6.39
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
The fifth revelation-packed mission in the Alex Rider series. Still reeling from the terrible discovery he has made about his father, teenage MI6 superspy, Alex Rider, is determined to find out more. Travelling to Italy, he manages to infiltrate the glamorous world of Claudia Rothman, beautiful society hostess and member of the international criminal organisation, Scorpia. She reveals that Alex's father was murdered by MI6, in an operation masterminded by Head of Special Operations, Mrs Jones. Shocked and angry, Alex faces a choice: to continue to work with the British security services, or to become an agent for Scorpia, and get revenge.
Some of our readers, new to the Alex Rider series, put themselves forward to read and review all ten titles. Check out their reviews below and if you click on the link 'Read full review' you will be able to view the reviews for all 10 titles.
- Sam Harper, age 11 - 'This is one of the best Alex Rider’s yet.' Read full review >
- Rachel Galbraith, age 10 - 'This amazing book sums up the first half of the series...The Alex Rider series is still keeping me page turning long after bedtime.' Read full review >
- Chloe Shortall, age 18 - 'I really enjoyed this novel, as I have with all previous novels in this series. The fast-paced and tension filled story will appeal to teenagers and any lovers of spy novels.' Read full review >
- Imogen Fisher, age 14 - 'It is quite different to the previous books in the series, and starts to get darker as you learn more about Alex and his parents.' Read full review >
- Dylan Sweet, age 11 - 'Scorpia is by far one of the best books in the series.' Read full review >
- Alice East, age 10 - 'This is Alex Rider’s 5th mission Scorpia. In this book Alex discovers some secrets about his family’s past and Scorpia. Will Alex work with Scorpia or will he stay loyal to MI6?' Read full review >
- Chloe McIlroy, age 14 - 'Exciting, fast-paced and keeps you on the edge of your seat! You won't be able to put it down!' Read full review >
- Joseph Kinder, age 11 - 'this is the best book in the Alex Rider series...children over the age of ten will be intrigued by the idea of Alex being tempted by the enemy – it is a book that forces you to read on.' Read full review >
- Jake Fletcher, age 14 - 'Sabotage. Corruption. Intelligence. Assassination. Did Alex Rider’s father really work for Scorpia? Alex needs to decide whether he’s a spy, or a criminal – just like his father? This book is a brilliant book.' Read full review >
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 9 - 'The fifth book in the series and I think the best yet! There are certainly some shocks in this one. He questions who his father was. He goes in search of Scorpia to find out his destiny...Anthony Horowitz is an AMAZING writer. 10 out of 10 once again!' Read full review >
- William Longlands, age 11 - '5/5. Revelations about his father and a change of scene for Alex. Excellent as normal.' Read full review >
- Mukunth Kowsik, age 13 - 'Alex Rider in his most dangerous mission, venturing through the streets of Venice, hunting for the missing link to his past and his future.' Read full review >
- Alex Faulkner, age 10 - 'The Alex Rider books just get better and better each time. I thoroughly enjoyed it all the way through...This book has lots of tension and action on every page. I read it over and over again.' Read full review >
- Luke Bauer, age 12 - 'Taking the advantage of going on a school summer trip to Venice, the last words of Yassen Gregorovitich echo in Alex's head. He is now betraying his friends by walking into the hands of the enemy...' Read full review >
Win a copy of The Bolds!
We are giving away 5 copies of The Bolds, the first in Julian Clary's hilarious series about a family of hyenas living in disguise. To have a chance of winning one of these great prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 2 March 2017. The winners will be notified by 16 March 2017.
Scorpia by Anthony Horowitz
In the fifth book in the number one bestselling Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz, teenage spy Alex travels to Venice to discover the truth about his past. But the truth lies with a criminal organization known as Scorpia, and Alex must make a choice...work for MI6 once more, or betray everything he believes in.
The Alex Rider series has sold over 13 million copies in English and is published in over 28 languages.
The series that has re-invented the spy genre Independent
Anthony Horowitz is the lion of children's literature Michael Morpurgo
Explosive, thrilling, action-packed - Meet Alex Rider Guardian
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Anthony Horowitz
Walker Books Ltd
2nd April 2015
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley