The Dying of the Light
Written by Derek Landy
Part of the Skulduggery Pleasant Series
Lovereading4kids Price £6.39
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
The final shocking, heart-wrenching book in the jaw-droppingly stupendous Skulduggery Pleasant series.
This is it; this is the end, the concluding part, the final outcome and as the curtain comes down there is a moment of hush, of quiet, of stunned silence before the applause starts, quite simply because this is the most incredible ending a series could ever wish for. Once you start, you won’t want to stop as the book will open up and swallow you whole. Be prepared for anything and everything; sniggers and cackles, gasps and groans, tears, shock and wonderment. Once you've finished, don’t despair, the series may have ended but you can always start at the beginning and read them all over again. Mr Landy, you wonderful wordsmith you…may you never walk through doors! ~ Liz Robinson
See below for links to all the series books:
4. Dark Days
5. Mortal Coil
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Sorcha Crumlish, age 12 - 'an excellent read . It has a new twist in every chapter. It makes you want to cry and laugh. I throughly recommend it. A brilliant book to finish a brilliant series!' Read full review >
- Dylan Sweet, age 11 - 'A fascinating book new from the Skulduggery series which is very interesting to read.' Read full review >
- Callum Broomfield, age 10 - 'With dark twists around every corner I’m starting to wonder who to trust, will the vision come true? Death and betrayal, blood and gore - I think it might be my favourite book so far.' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'The twists will have you on the edge of your seat and you’ll be unable to tear yourself away. An absolutely fantastic end to an amazing series.' Read full review >
- Huw Olding, age 12 - 'This is one of the best books I have ever read as it is very exciting and full of surprises.' Read full review >
- Joseph Harris-Hart, age 12 - 'A fabulous end to a great series, it will not disappoint you!' Read full review >
- Poppy, age 15 - 'I loved Skulduggery Pleasant; The Dying Of The Light It was hilariously funny, terrifyingly exciting, and excitingly terrifying! Every moment was an adventure, and every second a joy!' Read full review >
- Finn Morris, age 11 - 'I've read many books in my life but none as heart-pounding, mind blowing or shocking as this.' Read full review >
- Mukunth Kowsik, age 12 - 'he couldn't have written a better conclusion to the series. As always, with a great storyline full of humor, suspense and drama, this book was a wonderful thriller!' Read full review >
Win a copy of The Bolds!
We are giving away 5 copies of The Bolds, the first in Julian Clary's hilarious series about a family of hyenas living in disguise. To have a chance of winning one of these great prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 2 March 2017. The winners will be notified by 16 March 2017.
The Dying of the Light by Derek Landy
The War of the Sanctuaries has been won, but it was not without its casualties. Following the loss of Valkyrie Cain, Skulduggery Pleasant must use any and all means to track down and stop Darquesse before she turns the world into a charred, lifeless cinder. And so he draws together a team of soldiers, monster hunters, killers, criminals...and Valkyrie's own murderous reflection. The war may be over, but the final battle is about to begin. And not everyone gets out of here alive...
PRAISE FOR THE SKULDUGGERY PLEASANT SERIES:
This is a writer at the height of his powers and Landy is getting better with every book... Whatever your age, read them and enjoy the ride. - Irish Independent
A fast evolving plot and a great mix of scariness and humour 5 star review, Sunday Express
About the Author
Interest Age: From 11
More books by Derek Landy
Author's Facebook Latest
HarperCollins Children's Books an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers
26th March 2015
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk