Big Game Movie Tie-in
Written by Dan Smith
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
when in stock
As soon as this book is back in stock we will send you an email.Compare book price We'd love you to buy your books from Lovereading - especially if we helped you to choose them! But as our mantra is guidance, and that includes guidance on price, please do use our 'Compare Book Price' service to discover if the best value deal is from Lovereading or another specialist bookstore.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
As boys’ own adventures go, Big Game takes some beating! Thirteen year old Oskari sets out into the wilderness of his Finnish homeland as part of an ancient trial of manhood. He’s small, a bit clumsy and no-one expects him to do well, least of all himself. But events take an unexpected and highly dramatic turn: terrorists shoot down Air Force One over Oskari’s forest and it falls to him to save the US president. In a series of explosive adventure scenes, Oskari uses all his survival and hunting skills to prove himself, as the President says, ‘more of a man than anyone else I know’. This exhilarating action-packed story is ideal for anyone who’s ever felt they weren’t good enough, which probably accounts for everyone. Gripping, feel-good adventure. ~ Andrea Reece
A Piece of Passion from Barry Cunningham, Publisher Could you survive in a wilderness? What if you had someone else to look after too? A really important person? Oh, and what if there were a load of bad guys after you both? I loved this story of all-action peril in Finland – and working with the brilliant story by Jalmari Helander and Petri Jokiranta, we asked Dan Smith to write a novel that bought the film and characters to life on the page. It’s a totally cracking thriller and you won’t be able to stop for breath . . . Watch out!
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Charlotte Rosevear, age 11 - 'an amazing book! I recomend this book to any one.' Read full review >
- Calum, age 11 - 'A great gripping book a definet recommend, well done Dan Smith.' Read full review >
- Rory Faulkner, age 9 - 'This book was amazing and I couldn't put it down, and I'm now going to search out more books by Dan Smith.' Read full review >
- Eloise Mae Clarkson, age 12 - 'The characters were brilliant and were portrayed well . The plot was excellent and kept you engaged. I would give this book five out of five stars.' Read full review >
- Kurt Simpson, age 10 - 'Dan Smith is one of the best authors of the 21st century, and he has written a piece of magic! In my opinion he is one of the best writers ever. This book in three words; Danger, Action, Survival!' ' Read full review >
- Isaac, age 10 - 'A thrilling mix between tradition and the modern world, this gripping book will keep adventure addicts glued to the page. Giving parents a break.' ' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 11 - 'A really gripping, action packed story which takes place over a period of just 24 exhilarating hours. Fantastic!' ' Read full review >
- Ollie Wright, age 8 - 'An adventurous book, for adventurous people!' Read full review >
- Abraham Fisher, age 12 - 'If you are looking for an adventure book, this is the book to get, ‘Big Game’ is an amazingly written book with an extremely fast pace.' Read full review >
- Lucie Harrison , age 12 - 'Big Game is a perfect choice for fans of Alex Rider and other Anthony Horowitz novels.' Read full review >
- Isabel Kardos-Stowe, age 10 - 'I really enjoyed this book because it was different to anything that I had read before. It kept me on the edge of my seat the whole way through.' Read full review >
- Oliver Knight, age 10 - 'The book is a great action packed novel full of mystery and surprises...the way the author tells you about what is happening is truly amazing.' Read full review >
- Hannah Baer, age 11 - 'I thought that the book was okay but it got a bit boring.' Read full review >
Win a Timmy Failure Goody Bag!
Everyone's favourite best worst detective is back in Timmy Failure: The Cat Stole My Pants! To mark the publication of the sixth book in this popular series we are giving away a fantastic goody bag which includes the 6 Timmy books, a Timmy scarf, mask, bookmark, and stickers.
To have a chance of winning this super prize, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 29 May 2017. The winners will be notified by 5 June 2017.
Big Game Movie Tie-in by Dan Smith
13-year-old Oskari is sent into the cold wilderness on an ancient test of manhood. He must survive armed only with a bow and arrow. But instead, he stumbles upon an escape pod from a burning airliner: Air Force One.
Terrorists have shot down the President of the United States. The boy hunter and the world's most powerful man are suddenly the hunted, in a race against a deadly enemy.
Find out more about the movie www.facebook.com/BigGameMovie
About the Author
More books by Dan Smith
Author's Facebook Latest
Chicken House Ltd
2nd April 2015
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11