All My Secrets
Written by Sophie Mckenzie
Lovereading4kids Price £6.39
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
July 2015 Book of the Month Sophie McKenzie is the master of psychological thrillers for teens, and this is a typically gripping page-turner. Everything Evie Brown has put her trust in is suddenly revealed to be false, even her parents have been lying to her. Bewildered and confused she chooses to go on a retreat for troubled teens, far away from her family. On the remote island of Lightsea however, her grasp on reality seems threatened even more dangerously. Part ghost story, party mystery, the teen compulsion to work out who you are, and what you count for, is at the heart of this engrossing novel. For many, it will be a read-in-one-sitting book. ~ Andrea Reece
Teens love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can click here to read their full reviews.
- Abby Davie, age 13 - 'In ‘All My Secrets’, the plot twists and turns round corners you never even knew existed! It displays every emotion, from sadness and nervousness, to determination and joyfulness.'
- Francesca Hughes, age 13 - 'Original, haunting, memorable.'
- Celeste Phelan, age 13 - 'An exciting and mysterious read which cannot be put down.'
- Alicia Fullelove, age 13 - 'I loved this book and never wanted to stop reading it.'
- Juliet Martin, age 12 - 'In my opinion, this is a phenomenal book by Sophie McKenzie, and it is ideal for all mystery loving readers.'
- Aimee Sweet - 'To sum up in three words, this book is: captivating, unique, unpredictable. A must read.'
- Edel Waugh - 'I really enjoyed this story, creepy and full of twists it's one of those books you read in one sitting!'
- Kaitlyn Chadwick - 'I wasn't really convinced by this book.'
- Destiny Maraj, age 13 - 'This novel was absolutely amazing, I really loved it! The plot was so devious and cunning and I really didn't except the outcome.'
- Lauren Coffman, age 15 - 'It was mysterious, thrilling and completely unpredictable, and therefore very exciting, yet still has lots of romance to balance it out. I would highly recommend it.'
- Sophie Bridges, age 12 - 'I think 'All My Secrets' by Sophie McKenzie is a really nice book to read and is not too difficult to understand. I really like the front cover if this book as it made me very inquisitive. I found this book very relaxing and enjoyable to read, I would read a book by this author again.'
All My Secrets by Sophie Mckenzie
A brand new title from bestselling, award-winning author, Sophie McKenzie.
The shocking reality behind a £10 million inheritance turns Evie Brown's world on its head. Unable to find out the truth from her parents, Evie ends up on the mysterious island of Lightsea, where her desire for answers leads her towards a series of revelations that threaten everything she holds dear ...including her life.
Once again, McKenzie expertly crafts thrilling twists and turns, keeping the reader gripped right up to the story’s dramatic conclusion. All My Secrets is a contemporary twist on the classic adventure story, with mobile phones and con-artists taking the place of treasure maps and smugglers.
The fictional Scottish island of Lightsea was inspired by the author’s own visit to the Isle of Skye as a teenager. Beguiled by the wildness and beauty of Skye’s coastline, the romance and drama of the Celtic landscape has stayed with her some thirty years later providing the inspiration for the setting of her 24th novel.
Praise for Sophie McKenzie's thrillers:
'This fast-moving thriller saves the most shocking twist until the very end' Sunday Mirror
'An intense, taut tale that preys on one of our deepest fears: that we might not be
able to trust those closest to us' Glamour
'You won't believe this novel's creepy twists and turns!' Closer
'Written with assurance and style, this is page-turning material' The Independent
'This entertaining book will have you gripped for hours' Sunday Express
'Brilliantly described, scary and touching' The Daily Mirror
About the Author
Interest Age: From 12
More books by Sophie Mckenzie
Author's Facebook Latest
Simon & Schuster Childrens Books an imprint of Simon & Schuster Ltd
2nd July 2015
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family