Am I Normal Yet?
Written by Holly Bourne
Part of the The Spinster Club Series Series
Lovereading4kids Price £6.39
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
August 2015 Book of the Month Evie is starting sixth form college and like any normal young person wants to fit in and make friends, and she’d like a boyfriend too. It’s challenging for Evie though because she’s also coping with anxiety disorder, something she’s determined to keep secret from even her closest new friends, Amber and Lottie. Teenage girls, as anyone who lives with or indeed is one will know, are some of the funniest and brightest people around and this is a wonderfully vivid story of female friendship in all its glory. The descriptions of Evie’s condition leave the reader in no doubt as to the depth of her suffering, but this is a positive, often very funny, and life-affirming read. ~ Andrea Reece
Teens love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Charlotte Crisp, age 14 - 'I really enjoy the tone and voice of the book. It is able to talk about the serious topic of OCD while still being humorous. It is a perfect mix of informative and amusing.'
- Jade Craddock - 'Teens are extremely lucky to have this book available to them and I hope it reaches the widest possible audience. An essential and vital book for teens today.'
- Chloe Mcilroy, age 15 - 'This was a great book which had a gripping storyline as well as featuring important themes such as feminism. It was very interesting and included relatable characters.'
- Rose Heathcote, age 16 - 'It was a real heart wrenching book and I recommend every single teenage girl and boy read it. I couldn’t put it down, a truly inspiring book. A massive 5 stars.'
- Lauren Coffman, age 15 - 'It was interesting, exciting, sad, and to top it all off it really made me think. I think she captured how teens feel perfectly, and would recommend this to anyone!'
- Delilah Acworth - 'A definite recommendation for all of those wishing to read between the lines, this will be a hit in a matter of minutes.'
- Sophie Ufton - 'This was a book that I really wanted to read and it didn't disappoint. Such funny and sad parts will make this an amazing book!'
- Edel Waugh - 'Seeing anxiety disorders through her eyes was raw and at times heart-breaking, but it is that way, and it was great reading a good representation of what it is really like to have.'
- Emma Hughes - 'I enjoyed this book, and plan to read more of Holly Bourne's novels.'
- Amelia White, age 15 - 'Mental illnesses everybody says they have them, not really, I don't think you really understand what it’s like, not like Evie does.'
- Immy Fisher - 'I loved this book, as soon as I started reading it I couldn't stop!'
- Holli Compton, age 17 - 'Once I started reading Am I Normal Yet? I didn't put it down. A fantastic read that I would recommend for all teenagers to read.'
Am I Normal Yet? by Holly Bourne
First in a trilogy focussing on three friends as they navigate the treacherous world of sixth form and beyond.
Tackles important current teen issues, including OCD, anxiety, peer pressure and feminism.
Holly Bourne is a rising star of UKYA fiction with a style that is raw, real and relevant.
About the Author
More books by Holly Bourne
Author's Facebook Latest
Usborne Publishing Ltd
1st August 2015
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16