Danger is Still Everywhere: Beware of the Dog
Written by David O'Doherty
Illustrated by Chris Judge
Part of the Danger is Everywhere Series
Lovereading4kids Price £6.39
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Shortlisted for the Laugh-Out-Loud Book Awards 2016, 9-13 years Category Dr Noel Zone is without doubt the world’s greatest dangerologist, and his books are required reading for anyone eager to avoid danger wherever it may lurk and, as we know from his first book, danger really is everywhere: toast, pets, birthday cake, bicycles EVERYTHING is a potential threat to wellbeing! Imagine the doctor’s horror therefore when danger is introduced into his house in the form of a yapping, shoe-chewing, pee-and-poop-doing havoc machine called Napkin (ie a small puppy belonging to his sister). This is another brilliantly funny survival guide, the kind of book readers carry around so that they can read favourite passages out loud to friends and family. Huge fun and great for dipping into. ~ Andrea Reece
A message from the author, David O'Doherty: There is now 88% more danger in the world than when I was a kid, when there was just the odd bit of lightning and an occasional escaped zoo animal. Chris and I, via the delusions of the world's premier (only) dangerologist Docter Noel Zone, are delighted to get this opportunity from Puffin to terrify children with tales of awful made-up things that could happen. I mean, are you completely sure that your cat isn't a baby dinosaur?
Some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were lucky enough to read and review the first in this mapcap series, Danger is Everywhere: A Handbook for Avoiding Danger
- Mukunth, age 12 - 'A funny book which would strike a funny bell with younger kids, I think...My brother now says that he is keen on becoming a qualified "dangerologist"!' Read full review >
- Rory Faulkner, age 10 - 'The graphics and pictures were really good and there were some very funny parts.' Read full review >
- Matilda Greenacre, age 8 - 'This book is very funny and fascinating.' Read full review >
- Ross Dawson, age 10 - 'I couldn't wait to read this book because it looked like it was written as a handbook for my life - everyone who knows me thinks I am a magnet for danger...– perfect for kids like you and me who enjoy adventure and laughing out loud.' Read full review >
- Isla Moore, age 9 - 'I really enjoyed reading this hilarious book about the dangers that might be lurking where you least expect.' Read full review >
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 9 - 'This book is very good for boys as it contains scary and rude things that girls won't like! A really laugh out loud book!' Read full review >
- Jennifer Towler, age 7 - 'Loved it! really enjoyed it - favourite chapter was 'the danger pets - it was funny.' Read full review >
- William Longlands, age 10 - '228/10 - That's an understatement. This is the funniest information book I have ever read.' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'Who would have thought that your average pet hamster could in fact be a baby hippopotamus? This hilarious handbook is full of really crazy ideas but who knows, it might just save your life!' Read full review >
- Robyn Loveless, age 8 - 'A fun book with wicked illustrations that will help you tackle silly dangers. Made me laugh out loud and I know my friends at school will love it!' Read full review >
- Sidney Greenslade, age 10 - 'Danger is Everywhere is an extremely funny guide explaining how to avoid unexpected dangers and how to save yourself if you are in an amusingly perilous situation.' Read full review >
- George Ingram, age 9 - 'I didn't enjoy Danger is Everywhere because it was difficult to understand later on in the book when they were using SPLOD.' Read full review >
Win a SIGNED hardback copy of Ottoline and the Purple Fox!
We are giving away 3 signed hardback copies of the fourth Ottoline adventure written and illustrated by Chris Riddell, Ottoline and the Purple Fox.
To have a chance of winning one of these great prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
Draw closes on 5 December 2016. The winners will be notified by 16 December 2016 and you should have your prize in time for Christmas!
Danger is Still Everywhere: Beware of the Dog by David O'Doherty
Docter Noel is facing his most terrifying situation EVER - a little dog called Napkin has come to stay. That may not sound particularly dangerous, but every POD (Pupil of Dangerology) knows the only safe pet is a pet rock. So now Docter Noel is stuck in a wardrobe while Napkin wreaks havoc around the Dangerzone. And all the while Docter Noel is supposed to be writing his new VERY IMPORTANT handbook on Dangerology (Level 2). For Docter Noel it's never been clearer that danger is still everywhere.
Praise for Danger is Still Everywhere:
'I dislocated my jaw laughing' -- Eoin Colfer, author of Artemis Fowl
'228/10 - That's an understatement.' -- William, age 10
'A brilliantly silly survival guide' Sunday Express
'A Joyful riposte to over-cautious parents...well-paced and funny throughout. Time Out London
'Imagine the Mighty Boosh crashed into the Wimpy Kid' The Times
'A surreal, daft and funny book...A bracing satirical sideswipe at today's health-and-safety culture, aimed at kids who'll get the irony and relish the silliness' Financial Times
'Brilliantly funny' Gransnet
'A brilliantly mapcap guide' ni4Kids.com
About the Author
Interest Age: From 8
More books by David O'Doherty
Author's Facebook Latest
Puffin Books an imprint of Penguin Books Ltd
6th August 2015
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley