House of Robots
Written by James Patterson
Part of the House of Robots Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
James Patterson knows just how to write page-turning stories, and he puts that skill to excellent use in his books for children. House of Robots is the first in a new series created with Chris Grabenstein and tells the story of Sammy, whose genius mother invents robots. Imagine Sammy’s embarrassment when she insists that he take the newest robot, an annoying know-it-all named E, to school. Cue lots of opportunities for social comedy and broad slapstick. Beneath the humour, there are themes of friendship, compassion and family – Sammy’s younger sister is housebound due to severe immunodeficiency. Cartoon-style illustrations break up the text and add even more to the fun. Young readers will love it. ~ Andrea Reece
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Archie, age 10 - 'It was great fun. It made me smile and sometimes made me sad. I didn't ever want to put it down.'
- Cajsa Jonsson, age 9 - 'Funny and original. Brilliant story telling! I loved this book so much because it is a different approach of a diary/journal.'
- Joseph Kinder, age 10 - 'Being a typical James Patterson book, this is funny, interesting and has a fantastic plot line. I definitely do not think you will be disappointed if you choose to read this.'
- Hattie Benton, age 9 - 'I am inspired by this book and would give it five stars! Definitely read House of Robots!'
- Joseph Harris-Hart, age 12 - 'I really liked this book it has lots of illustrations throughout and the chapters are very short too which I liked.'
- Ross Dawson, age 11 - 'I was really keen to read this book as I am a big fan of James Patterson's stories and it was every bit as good as I was expecting.'
- Rohan Delamere, age 9 - 'This is a brilliant book about a boy who has a robot for a brother...This is a funny book and I recommend it for ages 9-12.'
- Sam Harper, age 11 - 'Like Middle School with robots, this is an amazing story full of brilliant inventions and comic strip illustrations.'
- Isaac Phelan, age 10 - 'I enjoyed this book because it was brilliantly written, and made me giggle. It has some fantastic parts which has me on the edge of my seat.'
- William Longlands, age 11 - '10/10 - It was really funny and brilliantly written.'
- Sneha Thadani, age 7 - '.a mystery book full of robots, crimes and laughs!
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 9 - 'A great laugh out loud story written in the same way as the Middle School books. The illustrations are fantastic. I would highly recommend this to boys and girls between the age of 7 and 12.'
- Marli Jones, age 11 - 'This is a very good book...I would recommend this book to all genders 7-12.'
- Alice East, age 10 - 'It is funny and very easy to read. It will make you laugh out loud and the illustrations make it even more interesting.'
- Finn Morris, age 12 - 'House of Robots is a very interesting book which I found myself getting very absorbed into. I got attached to the characters and involved in the story.'
- Toby Pickering, age 8 - 'House of Robots is a great story with lots of twists, mystery and more. It tells the story of Sammy and the Robot his mum has invented "E" which Sammy has to take to school.'
Win a Timmy Failure Goody Bag!
Everyone's favourite best worst detective is back in Timmy Failure: The Cat Stole My Pants! To mark the publication of the sixth book in this popular series we are giving away a fantastic goody bag which includes the 6 Timmy books, a Timmy scarf, mask, bookmark, and stickers.
To have a chance of winning this super prize, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 29 May 2017. The winners will be notified by 5 June 2017.
House of Robots by James Patterson
It was never easy for Sammy Hayes-Rodriguez to fit in, so he's dreading the day when his genius mom insists he bring her newest invention to school: a walking, talking robot he calls E - for Error . Sammy's no stranger to robots - his house is full of a colourful cast of them. But this one not only thinks it's Sammy's brother ...it's actually even nerdier than Sammy.
Living with a bunch of robots really isn’t all it's cracked up to be. Check out the first episode of the new animated series House of Robots, based on James Patterson’s series! Will E be Sammy's one-way ticket to Loserville? Or will he prove to the world that it's cool to be square? It's a roller-coaster ride for Sammy to discover the amazing secret E holds that could change his family forever...if all goes well on the trial run!
Browse inside this book
Praise for James Patterson’s other series:
Maximum Ride Series
“Has all the characteristics of his work…pace, action, mystery and cool” – The Sunday Times
The Dangerous Days of Daniel X
“Terrific”– The Daily Telegraph
Witch & Wizard
“A fast, exciting fantasy adventure…wall-to-wall thrills and spills…. page-turning suspense, pace and invention, street-smart irony and upbeat humour”– Books For Keeps
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by James Patterson
Author's Facebook Latest
Arrow (Young) an imprint of Cornerstone
16th July 2015
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family