Worst in Show
Written by William Bee
Illustrated by Kate Hindley
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
A Reader Review Panel Pick of the Year 2015 - chosen by Ruby Laverty, aged 6 A Best Pet Monster Competition seems like the perfect place for Albert to show off Sidney, his beloved Pet Monster. But Sidney is unlike anyone else’s pet…He is not full of parasites; extremely warty or the owner of very hot breath. In fact, Sidney is beautifully clean, has no warts and lots of freckles and no intention of hovering or being the in way at all. At every round Sidney is an utter failure! But can he and Albert come home with a prize after all? A witty look at different measures of success. ~ Julia Eccleshare
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Finley Mcmaster, age 3 and mum - 'when Finley asks to read a book, again the next night, a sure sign that it has captured his interest. This was a well written, amusing book that offered something a little different.'
- Eleanor Haines, age 2 (with some help from mummy) - 'What a wonderful, funny book...There's plenty going on on each page to keep even small children's interest. And what child doesn't like a book with a fold out page?'
- Thomas Davies, age 8 - 'With lots of great illustrations, this is a funny book that must be read and shared with brothers and sister.'
- Tom Parker, age 4 & Mum - 'We loved the illustrations and it was sufficiently gross to capture the imagination of my four year old!'
- Nicola and Ruby(age 5) Laverty - 'We have read this book over and over. We loved it more with each reading and noticed more each time.'
- Kian Banks, age 4 and mum - 'The book is beautifully illustrated and my son was highly entertained by the illustrations. The story was very funny and very heart warming. I would thoroughly recommend this book.'
- Cara Anderson, age 9 - 'I think Worst in Show is a very funny book. All the competitions the monsters have (like the fart competition) are funny, and some are revolting.'
- Nate Anderson - 'I liked the bit about farts.'
- Emma Johnson, age 5 - 'This book was so funny, she couldn't wait to take it into school to share it with her class!'
Worst in Show by William Bee
In this hilarious, raucous tale of competition, friendship and finding your own unique place in the world, Albert enters his pet monster, Sidney, in ...The Best Pet Monster in the World competition! And he has very high hopes. Sidney, however, is a rather gentle monster, who enjoys long soaks in bubble-filled baths while nibbling on some sugary fairy cakes. And a champion monster has to be, well, monstrous to win - they must be able to fly, full of parasites, super smelly, extremely warty and fiercely fire-breathing! Round after round, Sidney tries his hardest, but Albert soon begins to realize that Sidney's best talent might not be a very monstrous one after all...With ever-calamitous competition scenarios, witty one-liners and an action-packed gatefold, this is a wonderful celebration of every kind of monster - warts and all!
About the Author
Interest Age: From 3
More books by William Bee
Walker Books Ltd
1st September 2015
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10