Stormbreaker The Graphic Novel
Written by Anthony Horowitz, Antony Johnston
Illustrated by Kanako Damerum, Yuzuru Takasaki
Part of the Alex Rider Series
Lovereading4kids Price £9.59
£11.99 saving £2.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
A bold and stylish reissue of the groundbreaking and hugely popular graphic adaptation of Alex Rider's very first mission.
Brilliantly visualised, these graphic novel versions of the best-selling stories of boy spy Alex Rider add a fantastic new dimension to the original and terrific for getting even the most reluctant of readers to enjoy the experience of reading. Following the death of his guardian, Alex is forcibly recruited into MI6 and so finds himself off on some seriously hair raising missions in which he faces terrible danger and the real risk of death. In Stormbreaker, the first in the series, he pits his wits against a sinister organisation run by arch crook Darrius Sayle. Alex Rider is a perfect hero. ~ Julia Eccleshare
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the original full print edition of Stormbreaker. You can read their full reviews here.
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 9 - 'A 14 year old boy recruited to MI6 as a spy like James Bond is utter genius. He is given gadgets which include a Nintendo DS and a Yo-yo...This is one of the best books I have ever read.'
- Alice East, age 10 - 'I thought this was a fantastic book as it was packed with action and adventure. I really liked this book because it was pretty different and it really hooked me in.'
- Chloe McIlroy, age 14 - 'I really enjoyed this book because of the intricate plot and the fast pace. This is a great story as you are held in suspense the whole way through the book until the truth unravels.'
- Chloe Pickering, age 10 - 'This is a brilliant book that I couldn't put down. It's the perfect book for children who like mystery or adventure books. It is very gripping.'
- Alex Faulkner, age 10 - 'Stormbreaker is an exciting book about a boy called Alex Rider who is supposed to become a spy but he doesn't really want to.'
- William Longlands, age 11 - '10/10 - a real page turner. I didn't want to stop.'
- Rachel Galbraith, age 10 - 'Stormbreaker was a great start to the series and kept me gripped from beginning to end.'
- Luke Bauer, age 12 - 'I never dreamt of reading this book, just like Alex didn't know about being a spy! But I was tempted by the blurb and I sure did love reading about him!'
- Mukunth Kowsik, age 13 - '‘James Bond’ fans will love this nail biting series very much. I always anticipate the part which introduces gadgets, it is as thrilling as opening your Christmas presents! A must try series, definitely.'
- Sam Harper, age 11 - 'a fantastic start to an amazing series...I defy anyone to stop at book one.'
- Chloe Shortall, age 18 - 'I really enjoyed the first instalment of the Alex Rider series. It was fast-paced and full of both action and humour...I would recommend this novel to any teen lovers of spy and mystery novels.'
- Emily Kinder, age 14 - 'This gripping and compelling book is the first in the series revolving around Alex Rider, the teenage spy. Full of thrills and excitement this is a brilliant book, and one you will quickly grow to love.'
- Jake Fletcher, age 14 - 'Boom! Bang! Wallop! It’s full of action, fights, and the most ridiculous, but equally brilliant plot ever! Every child, boy or girl should read this. It really is a brilliant book.'
- Imogen Fisher, age 14 - 'The book was gripping and very entertaining, and I quickly found myself rooting for Alex and wanting him to do well on his mission.'
- Dylan Sweet, age 11 - 'This action-packed book starts off the brilliant spy series of Alex Rider and his missions...I like this book because it’s thrilling.'
Stormbreaker The Graphic Novel by Anthony Horowitz, Antony Johnston
Forcibly recruited into MI6 after the mysterious death of his guardian, fourteen-year-old Alex is sent to infiltrate the organization of a sinister billionaire. Within days he's gone from schoolboy to superspy - and it looks like his first assignment may be his last...
There are Graphic Novels for these Alex Rider adventures -
Praise for the Alex Rider Graphic Novel series:
“A wholly successful adaptation” - The School Librarian
About the Author
Interest Age: From 8
Anthony Horowitz, Antony Johnston
More books by Anthony Horowitz, Antony Johnston
Author's Facebook Latest
Walker Books Ltd
7th January 2016
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15