Dinostars and the Planet Plundering Pirates
Written by Ben Mantle
Part of the Dinostars Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Perfect for space and/or dinosaur mad youngsters there’s a strong Star Trek feel to this (and that’s meant as a compliment!). Far from being extinct, dinosaurs have evolved it seems and are living happily in another galaxy. Captain T-Rex and his spaceship crew are baffled when Planet Bellu disappears. After a diversion in which navigator Dippy’s neck is accidently extended by Steg’s guzzle-ator gadget, they realise unscrupulous space pirates are stealing planets, smuggling them through a wormhole to their own galaxy. Captain T-Rex won’t let them get away with that and, with the help of the guzzle-ator, manages to save the day. Dinosaur heroes, daft comedy, doughnuts, and a bit of physics, all wrapped up in a great story – what’s not to love! There’s a free pull out dinostar and character cards too). ~ Andrea Reece
Kids love to read and share books from an early age and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Inaya Pers, age 7, Baring Primary School - 'The pictures are bright and colourful, clear and smooth and they are like a cartoon. I enjoyed this book, especially the bad guys!'
- Maya Bacha, age 7, Baring Primary School - 'I think the pictures are colourful and nice, pretty, beautiful and clear. I liked this book because it is colourful.'
- Mikail Saglam, age 7, Baring Primary School - 'If you get stuck in a wormhole you will be stuck forever. Rolo is my favourite character because I love scientists. I loved everything about this book.'
- Olivia Townsend, age 4 - 'Combining children's much loved themes, Space and Dinosaurs, this is an exciting adventure in Space. Planets have been transported into an unknown galaxy and the dinosaurs need to get them back!!'
- Amatullah Khatun, age 6 - 'This is the first book in a fantastic series about a team of dinosaurs in outer space.'
- Ellen Hall, age 6 - 'I like the story because the dinosaurs are adventurers. Their names were made up from what sort of dinosaur they were, e.g. Captain TRex. The book was very colourful and had character cards. Fab!'
- Sophie Mitchell, age 6 - 'My little girl liked the story. It had colourful pictures so she could add detail to the story words. The five good characters beat the three bad pirates. Yay!'
- Farrah, age 6 - 'My favourite thing about the book is that they use something funny to save the day. Read it and you will find out what it is.'
- Sam Briggs, age 6 - 'I really enjoyed reading this book with my mum. It was funny and exciting. My favourite part was when the doughnut saved the day! I also liked the pop-up dinosaur and cards.'
- Huxley Glen, age 5 - 'A colourful funny book about Dinostars. I couldn't stop laughing all the way through as they got up to some funny adventures. An easy to read book. I loved the colourful pictures.'
- George Davies, age 7 - 'I like it because I like dinosaurs! It was fun to read and I liked it when they went to another universe. I especially liked the standup dinosaur. I rate this book 11 out of 10!!'
- Robert Anderson, age 6 - 'Excellent picture book for dinosaur obsessed 4 - 5 year olds.'
- Sam, age 5 and mum, Emma Radford - 'We all loved it - pirates and dinosaurs, what a great mix!! There was a great balance of humour, excitement and information. Even mummy learned about worm holes!'
- Tracey Chorley - 'Both my daughters (aged 4 and 7) thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was a fun and engaging story with fabulous illustrations. They are hoping there are more Dinostar books to come in the future.'
- Elliot Bateman age 8 - 'It’s more a fun imagination story and because you get a small dinosaur puppet with the book it’s great for acting out the story and doing silly voices for the main character. '
Dinostars and the Planet Plundering Pirates by Ben Mantle
Dinosaurs aren't extinct. They're living in another galaxy ...Meet the Dinostars. When planets start vanishing from the Dinostar galaxy, it doesn't take long for Captain T-Rex and his team to find out who's taking them - Space Pirates! If the Dinostars are going to get their planets back, they'll need a clever plan ...and a very tasty doughnut. The first title in an exciting new series of dinosaur space adventure! With fun space facts plus a removable pop-up Dinostar and character cards in each book.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 3
More books by Ben Mantle
Macmillan Children's Books an imprint of Pan Macmillan
5th May 2016
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12