Somebody Stop Ivy Pocket
Written by Caleb Krisp
Illustrated by John Kelly
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
The Lovereading4Kids comment
The irresistible Ivy Pocket bounces back after the adventures recounted so brilliantly in Anyone But Ivy Pocket, as self-willed and gloriously self-deluded as ever! She believes she’s been adopted by a benevolent couple, the Snagsbys of Snagsbys Economic Funerals, but readers will realise a) she’s their maid and b) one of their economies seems to involve hastening customers into those cut-price coffins. Ivy is still in possession of the mysterious Clock Diamond and therefore able to travel between dimensions. She’s determined to rescue her friend from one of these and – as ever – oblivious to the many nefarious types out to prevent her. There are few adventures as original, exciting or funny as Ivy’s – please, no-one stop her!
Readers will also enjoy Knights of the Borrowed Dark, which while darker has the same range of intriguing and original characters and clever writing. ~ Andrea Reece
- Eloise Mae Clarkson, age 12 - 'This book is unlike any other book I have read. The story was so unique and different. I loved the plot twists and the characters.'
- Katharine Thomas, age 10 'If you like an exciting storyline, great characters and a fantastic plot then this book is for you!...I would rate it a 5/5 because it is well- written and keeps you guessing until the end.'
- Ella, age 10 - 'Anyone But Ivy Pocket is a fun book that made me laugh and jump at the same time. It's quite unusual as it’s a Victorian mystery but with some supernatural elements too. I enjoyed it.'
- Isabelle Preston, age 10 - 'I liked this book because it is a mystery book and is full of adventure.'
- Molly Betts, age 9 - 'My favourite character was Ivy because she is adventurous, just like me! I would rate this book: *****'
- Susanna McGurk, age 14 - 'The first novel in the Ivy Pocket series was a great first novel and I cannot wait to read the next book in the series.'
- Tegan Butler-Moore, age 9 - 'This a good book about a girl who gets involved in a thrilling drama about a murdered Duchess and a mysterious necklace. I really enjoyed it!'
- Charlotte, age 10 - 'A funny, exciting book. I loved every second of it.'
- Susie Bridge, age 12 - 'I think 'Anyone but ivy pocket' by Caleb Krisp is really good because for me it make me realize how other people family move away and how lucky I am.'
- Daisy Theobald, age 12 - 'The more I read it the more I didn't want it to finish. I owould give the book a 10/10!'
- Oliver Nicholls, age 10 - 'I like the book, it was very mysterious.'
- Cait Galbriath, age 9 - 'Prepare to meet the clumsy but funny Ivy Pocket - Ivy Pocket will take you on daring adventures so hold on tight.'
- Lucy Streeter, age 10 - 'This book is all about mystery and adventure...Ivy Pocket is a ball of fire!'
Somebody Stop Ivy Pocket by Caleb Krisp
Ivy is now the beloved daughter of Ezra and Mother Snagbsy, coffin makers, even if she does have to work rather like a maid. Their trade is roaring, and Ivy is as happy as a pig in clover. Especially when she escapes to the library to talk to the devastatingly sympathetic Miss Carnage. But then Ivy guesses that all is not as it seems with her new parents, and discovers that she can pass into the world of the Clock Diamond. There, she sees her friend Rebecca, horribly sad and desperate. Can Ivy save Rebecca, and what do a missing aristocrat, a forbidden love affair and a bullfrog have to do with her mission? Illustrated in humorous gothic detail by John Kelly, Somebody Stop Ivy Pocket is the second tale in Ivy's deadly comic journey to discover who she really is ...Perfect for fans of Lemony Snicket
Praise for Anyone but Ivy Pocket.
A wonderfully entertaining heroine Financial Times
Exuberantly told with apt and wildly witty caricatures from John Kelly, it has a fun, original voice Sunday Times
Praise from bloggers:
an exuberant, lively, enthusiastic, mysterious, playful, layered and most of all highly enjoyable read! Children's Book Chat
a delight; a laugh-out-loud cobweb of intrigue and mystery with a Dickensian feel, a dash of fantasy, and a heroine like no other Space on the Bookshelf
Funny, morbid and entertaining...a hilariously bizarre protagonist who will definitely make you laugh The Bibliomanicac
This story absolutely blew me away What Lexie Loves
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Caleb Krisp
Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
5th May 2016
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family