Mango & Bambang: Tiny Tapir Trouble
Written by Polly Faber
Illustrated by Clara Vulliamy
Part of the Mango and Bambang Series
Lovereading4kids Price £7.19
£8.99 saving £1.80 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
September 2016 Book of the Month Polly Faber and Clara Vulliamy’s Mango and Bambang stories are perfect for newly independent readers. There are four funny, entertaining stories in each collection, short enough to be read easily in one go and full of lively two colour illustrations. Tapir Bambang is a character that children will understand and immediately love: well-meaning if frequently baffled by the human world around him, he tries his best to do the right thing. Meanwhile, his best friend Mango is always there to love and take care of him because, as the stories in this volume explain, they’re real family now. Warm, reassuring, with a true innocence and charm, these are very special little stories indeed. ~ Andrea Reece
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Daniel Bisland, age 9 - 'This book has four stories that are related to each other. My favourite story is about chess...I really liked the pictures in this book because they were really good.'
- Erica Motoc, age 10 - 'This book is great fun, easy to read and split into mini stories full of adventure. I really liked the tapir and I would recommend it to everyone!'
- Annabelle Cassidy, age 8 - 'This book is a really fun book, full of excitement and laughter. I want to read the whole series!'
- Rob, age 6 - 'A lovely book about a tapir called Bambang, and his friendship with Mango, a little girl. I liked this book.'
- Rob’s Mum - 'It is perfect book for a bedtime story. We have found the chapters, four in total, to be the perfect length for this activity. I would whole-heartedly recommend this lovely book to anyone.'
Mango & Bambang: Tiny Tapir Trouble by Polly Faber
When a small but mischievous tapir guest comes to stay with Mango Allsorts and Bambang in the busy city, things soon get into a rather troublesome tangle. Tiny Tapir Trouble is Book Three in this delightful series for younger readers.
Here is a trailer for the first in the series Mango & Bambang: The Not-A-Pig.
One of my very favourites, the delicious Mango and Bambang return in a third collection of stories, along with a rather mischievous mini tapir. The Bookseller
About the Author
Interest Age: From 6
More books by Polly Faber
Walker Books Ltd
1st September 2016
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods