Amazing Abby: Drama Queen
Written by Emma Moss
Part of the Girls Can Vlog Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
In a nutshell: friendship | fun | growing up in the 21st century | Bubbly Abby takes centre stage in the second book in this new series for young girls. Abby has a starring role in the school’s production of Grease, but it’s not easy learning lines and dance routines and keeping up with schoolwork, plus there’s the added distraction of a handsome co-star. When it all gets too much she pours out her feelings via a vlog on the Youtube channel she created with her friends. Moss cleverly updates the popular girls’ gang format to explore her characters’ feelings and insecurities. Readers will identify with Abby and her friends and, in a story that feels completely up to date, the book demonstrates how empowering it can be to be honest with yourself. There’s an extra section on how to create your own vlogs too. ~ Andrea Reece
One for fans of Cathy Cassidy, Karen McCombie and Cathy Hopkins.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading4kids expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the first title in the Girls Can Vlog series, Lucy Locket: Online Disaster. Click here to read the full reviews.
- Sidney Greenslade, age 12 - 'Lucy Locket: Online Disaster is a brilliant story about friends, vlogging and adorable animals! A wonderful read and impossible to put down!'
- Ella Jones, age 11 - 'When I read a book I want to feel involved and this book dose that. With what looks like real emails, texts and vlog plans so you really feel like you're in the book with the amazing characters.'
- Miyah Smith, age 10 - 'I really enjoyed this funny book. It was such a good book that I read it in one afternoon and after I had finished I wanted to read more and more!'
- Jessica Cobbin, age 9 - 'This is a super fun book. good for girls who like stories about friends, and anyone who likes going on the computer and looking at youtube.'
- Ava Sorrell, age 9 - 'I thought Girls can Vlog was an exciting, fun and unexpected book that encourages people to express themselves by doing something they love, or something new.'
- Aminah Kauser, age 10 - 'I really liked the idea of the book because this book contains two of my favourite thing reading and YouTube.'
- Holly Wilkins, age 12 - 'I really liked this book, it was a real page-turner. Great if you want a quick read and it even gives you 10 top tips for vlogging.'
- Cailin McGhee, age 13 - 'I enjoyed this book very much, it has a great theme, vlogging, which appeals to lots of girls! It also deals with issues such as building confidence and friendship.'
- Isabelle Wood - 'This is a very inspiring book, I enjoyed it so much because it is an easy and nice read.'
- Ella Meredith, age 9 - 'I really enjoyed this book and I would give it 10/10. The age I would recommend it to is 7-11.'
- Ellie Dovey - 'I would give this book 9/10 as it is a lot like the Girl Online books by Zoe Sugg but with a twist which makes you want to keep reading more and more.'
- Lauren Harris, age 13 - 'The book Girls Can Vlog, Lucy Locket Online Disaster is a great book encouraging people to follow their dreams, try new hobbies and to not let anyone hold you back.'
- Romilly, age 9 - 'The story is about a girl called Lucy who has to go to a new school and all the things that happen to her it’s really funny, even my big sister loved it!'
Win an original print from The Pavee and the Buffer Girl
Siobhan Dowd's powerful story of the fight against racism and prejudice, The Pavee and the Buffer Girl, has been reissued as a splendid graphic novel with stunning illustrations by Emma Shoard. We are giving away an ORIGINAL print from the book (shown here) and a copy SIGNED by Emma.
To have a chance of winning this special prize, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 3 May 2017. The winners will be notified by 15 May 2017.
Amazing Abby: Drama Queen by Emma Moss
Ever since Abby and her friends set up the Girls Can Vlog YouTube channel, Abby has been busier than ever. Not only is she vlogging at least once a week, but she also has a role in the school musical production of Grease. While Abby's always found keeping up with her schoolwork tough, now it's virtually impossible, and to make things even worse, she's developing a major crush ...on two different boys! If Abby's parents find out about her slipping grades, will it mean the end for her acting and vlogging dreams?
An inspirational story about the power of vlogging - complete with tips for making your own vlogs!
About the Author
Interest Age: From 10
More books by Emma Moss
Macmillan Children's Books an imprint of Pan Macmillan
8th September 2016
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10