Written by Laure Eve
Lovereading4kids Price £6.39
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
In a nutshell: be careful if you’re what others wish for | The three Graces, twins Thalia and Fenrin and their younger sister Summer, seem to have everything: attractive, popular, rich, no wonder everyone wants to be their friend, or that rumours spread that they have magical powers. Our narrator is new to the area and determined to become part of their inner circle, for reasons that seem obvious, but which are only fully revealed at the story’s end in a climax that will have readers immediately turning back to the very beginning. This twisty tale of small-town witchcraft is distinguished by its brooding, claustrophobic atmosphere and a heroine – we know her as River, a name she chooses for herself – who deceives the readers as completely as she does her friends and family. Recommended. ~ Andrea Reece
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Izzy Read, age 15 - 'Coming of age, mystery magic, colourful descriptions of a life you long to have; The Graces is a temptation from beginning to end…'
- Edel Waugh - 'This book was full of surprises and just as you think you know what way it's going to go it changes leaving a very surprising ending!'
- Phoebe Allan - 'The Graces is one of those books that gives you that 'fabulous book goosebumps feeling' from page one!..It has the perfect balance of magic, fun, darkness and intrigue.'
- Ayesha, age 18 - 'As soon as I first heard about ‘The Graces’, I was anticipating my chance to read this novel, however, after reading this novel I couldn’t help but feel disappointed.'
- Aaishah, age 14 - 'This book is truly magical! I somehow could feel it in my bones, my spine was cold from the writing, and the darkness in this is truly deadly. I couldn’t stop reading.'
The Graces by Laure Eve
Everyone said the Graces were witches. They moved through the corridors like sleek fish, ripples in their wake. Stares followed their backs and their hair. They had friends, but they were just distractions. They were waiting for someone different.
All I had to do was show them that person was me. Like everyone else in her town, River is obsessed with the Graces, attracted by their glamour and apparent ability to weave magic. But are they really what they seem? And are they more dangerous than they let on?
This beautifully-written thriller will grip you from its very first page.
Mysterious, beautiful and unnerving Samantha Shannon author of The Bone Season
About the Author
Interest Age: From 12
More books by Laure Eve
Author's Facebook Latest
Faber & Faber
1st September 2016
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11