The Midnight Foxes
Written by Sarah Lean
Illustrated by Anna Currey
Part of the Tiger Days Series
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
In a nutshell: family and friends and a secret garden | Tiger Days loves her holidays with her grandma. They sleep in a big tent in the garden because the house is being done up, and Tiger has lots of special friends there including Holly the white cat and Tom, the boy next door. Each holiday spent at Willowgate House teaches her more about the world around her, and boosts her independence too. There are echoes of children’s classics in this charming story particularly in the sense that childhood is best and most rewarding when spent outdoors. Readers will love exploring with Tiger and Tom and this is a story that effortlessly combines an atmosphere of carefree joy with satisfying, reassuring adventure. Lovely black and white illustrations by Anna Currey match the mood perfectly.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the first title in the Tiger Days series, The Secret Cat. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Elizabeth Bridgeman, age 8 - 'Tiger Days is amazing, it's one of the coolest books I have read. I think that it’s a big 10/10 because it’s adventurous and amazing.'
- Sophia, age 9 - 'I love this book. It's adventurous and funny at the same time, if I had to give it a score out of 10 I would give it a straight 10.'
- Melissa Mapondera, age 9 - 'It was very easy to read and follow because I really felt the feelings of the characters; the writer's words really touched me.'
- Aarav Mehta, age 7 - 'In each and every chapter you will be left on a cliffhanger which will glue you to the book. The story is full of happiness, laughter and mystery. So get started now.'
- Evie Aconley, age 9 - 'I really enjoyed reading this book and it had a good sense of humour, I found this book really fun and relaxing to read.'
- Annabelle Cassidy, age 7 - 'A brilliant adventure book, so good I read it all in one day. Fab book if you like animals, and adventures.'
- Madison Chaplin, age 8 - 'I loved all of this book.'
- Lewis Briggs, age 9 - 'Wonderful, magnificent, stupendous. This is an outstanding book. The author must be creative, imaginative and clever to come up with this idea and I can't wait to get the second book.'
- Caitlin Hill, age 9 - 'Tiger, warthog, cat and Tom. After reading this book I want to have a warthog as a pet.'
- Beatrice Whithear, age 8 - 'Tiger Days is the name of a 9 year old girl. The book is about her stay at her grandmothers and the animals she helps to look after there and the friends she meets.'
- Mollie Jones, age 10 - 'Tiger Days and the Secret Cat is full of wild adventures, magical mysteries and a strong bond between two best friends and a warthog!'
- Martha Cox, age 7 - 'I loved this book!'
- Cassandra Butler, age 7 - 'I think everyone should read this book as it’s so adventurous!'
- Charlotte Killen, age 4 - 'I really liked this story. I really enjoyed reading Tiger Days with my Mum and brother.'
The Midnight Foxes by Sarah Lean
Meet animal lover, Tiger Days! A heart-warming series about animals, friendship and adventure, by bestselling author Sarah Lean with beautiful black-and-white illustrations throughout.
When nine-year-old Tiger Days stays with her grandmother at Willowgate House she never knows what might happen...new friends to meet, animals to rescue and problems to solve! Tiger returns to Willowgate and discovers someone, or something, has been digging up plants, burying eggs and even taking socks from the washing line! And a mysterious tunnel has appeared under the shed...Tiger and her friend Tom turn detective - determined to solve the mystery. At Willowgate House, no day is ever dull for Tiger!
Praise for Sarah Lean's books:
Sarah Lean weaves magic and emotion into beautiful stories. Cathy Cassidy
Beautifully written and moving without being mawkish. A talent to watch. - The Bookseller Buyers Guide
Touching, reflective and lyrical. - Sunday Times, Culture
Sarah Lean's graceful, miraculous writing will have you weeping one moment and rejoicing the next. - Katherine Applegate, author of The One and Only Ivan
About the Author
Interest Age: From 7
More books by Sarah Lean
HarperCollins Children's Books an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers
25th August 2016
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family