Jake Atlas and the Tomb of the Emerald Snake
Written by Rob Lloyd Jones
Illustrated by Petur Antonsson
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
In a nutshell: two kids on a death-defying treasure hunt through Egypt’s ancient monuments. Adventure stories don’t come more action-packed than the exploits of Jake Atlas. As the book opens, the Atlas family are about to fly off to Egypt on a working holiday (Mum and Dad are Egyptologists) and the family tension is so strong you can almost hear it twang; tension of a different kind quickly racks up when Jake’s parents are kidnapped. To save them he and his twin sister Pandora team up with a couple of unscrupulous if well-equipped tomb robbers. After years of academic failure Jake can finally use his true talents, dodging explosions, outthinking the bad guys, even wrestling a giant snake. It’s great fun, the Egyptian settings giving it an extra edge and the developing relationship between Jake and Pan (and latterly their parents who’ve been keeping secrets of their own) gives it a cool credibility too.
Kids love to read and so in addition to the review by one of the Lovereading4kids editorial experts some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel members were also lucky enough to read and review this title. Click here to read their full reviews.
- Edward Bailey, age 12 - 'Amazing! Give a second installment now! It will drive you crazy with love of this book. BUY NOW!!!!!'
- Rose Roberts, age 13 - 'Jake Atlas is an incredible, fast-paced book. It has plenty of twists and turns. Jake and his sister Pan follow clues, go on adventures, and use gadgets to find an ancient tomb in Egypt. Loved it.'
- Alex Nicholson, age 10 - 'I would recommend this excellent adventure novel to anyone who is fascinated by The Ancient Egyptians and loves a good adventure story.'
- William Longlands, age 13 - '10/10! A well written, action-packed adventure book.'
- Jack Smith, age 11 - 'There are many twists and turns but if you want to know what happens, read the book to find out!!!'
- Alex, age 10 - 'This daring adventure has brought my imagination alive. I really enjoyed reading this book and I can't wait to read more of Jake's adventures!'
- Kai Bryan, age 10 -I really enjoyed this book and it also taught me a lot about ancient Egypt. I would most definitely recommend it to others who enjoy a good adventure story.'
- Sue Wilsher - 'Talk about a page turner! This book is action-packed, fast and furious...! Gripping plot, strong characters- the good, the bad and those we are not sure of- and plenty of humour combine to make this a satisfying and engaging read.'
- Harvinder Dhesi, age 10 - 'This is a thrilling and witty mystery and I can't wait for a sequel!'
Jake Atlas and the Tomb of the Emerald Snake by Rob Lloyd Jones
When Jake's parents vanish, Jake and his sister team up with shady tomb robbers to find them in the Egyptian desert in this riveting page-turning adventure by award-winning author Rob Lloyd Jones. The Atlas family is in trouble: Jake hides an addiction to stealing; his twin sister, Pan, has to conceal her genius, for fear of bullies. The siblings can't stop fighting - with each other and with their parents, stuffy professors of Ancient History.
But Jake's and Pan's lives take a dramatic turn the day they discover the truth about their boring mum and dad. When the family go to Cairo on holiday, and Jake and Pan's parents mysteriously vanish, it's up to the twins to find them. They team up with shady tomb robbers, master high-tech gadgets and locate a lost tomb in this story of a family that finds itself in the deserts of Egypt.
Page-turning historical adventure in the deserts of Cairo, from the author of the acclaimed Wild Boy books. Bookseller
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
Rob Lloyd Jones
More books by Rob Lloyd Jones
Walker Books Ltd
5th January 2017
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15