The Queen Must Die: Chronicles of the Tempus
Written by K.A.S. Quinn
Part of the Chronicles of the Tempus Series
Lovereading4kids Price £7.99
£9.99 saving £2.00 (20%)
Delivery time 1-2 weeks
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Completely gripping, this rollercoaster time travel adventure takes Katie, a contemporary New York teenager, back right into the heart of Queen Victoria’s reign. Landing unexpectedly in the Buckingham Palace bedroom of Alice, Queen Victoria’s younger daughter, Katie is swiftly caught up in a terrifying world of dishonest courtiers plotting unspeakable acts with the help of powerful helpers with extra powers. The details of the life of the Victorian Royals, and especially Prince Albert’s passion for his original project of the Crystal Palace are brilliantly evoked while the adventure spearheaded by three exuberant children rattles along at a cracking pace.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Rachel Ilsley, age 10 - 'I thoroughly enjoyed this book and didn’t want it to end, I am looking forward to the next book!' Read full review >
- Ellen Sargeant, year 8 - 'I loved the elements of history and the mystery side of things, it made the story very enjoyable and maybe even a little educational.' Read full review >
- Hannah Blundell - 'The Queen Must Die is one of the BEST books I’ve ever read before!' Read full review >
- Natalie, 12 - 'In this book I really connected with the characters and I felt like I was there with them helping them and I never wanted to put it down...I would rate this book 5 stars.' Read full review >
- Shannon Mitchell, Year 8 - 'I loved this book! It was full of mystery and action. It blended the past and modern day perfectly.' Read full review >
- Hannah Parsons, age 10 - 'This story is amazing so pick it up and start reading it now!' Read full review >
- Freya Moore - 'This book is a very enjoyable and truly gripping story.'
- Katie Humphreys - 'This book was amazing because it was completely gripping and so well written.' Read full review >
- Sam Berson Films - 'I really enjoyed reading this book. I decided that I would read it twice as there was a big ending, which was very well written.' Read full review >
- Maria Murray, age 12 School St Colm’s High School - 'I have to say The Queen Must Die is one of the best books I have ever read.' Read full review >
- Emily Clowes - 'an adventurous, journey taking, catchy book that grabs you right at the beginning.' Read full review >
- Annie Mc Cullagh - 'This book was very interesting, and was hard to put down.' Read full review >
- Izzy Read - 'This outgoing read will have you enchanted for hours with its mystery and adventure.' Read full review >
- Emma Baird - 'I really liked this book because it feels like you’re actually there and I felt scared and glad when people in the story did.' Read full review >
- Jasmine Randall, 11 - 'It was unputdownable. I loved the excitement of the plot, the suspense and the way you really were given a feel of Victorian Britain.' Read full review >
Win a Timmy Failure Goody Bag!
Everyone's favourite best worst detective is back in Timmy Failure: The Cat Stole My Pants! To mark the publication of the sixth book in this popular series we are giving away a fantastic goody bag which includes the 6 Timmy books, a Timmy scarf, mask, bookmark, and stickers.
To have a chance of winning this super prize, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 29 May 2017. The winners will be notified by 5 June 2017.
The Queen Must Die: Chronicles of the Tempus by K.A.S. Quinn
Atlantic's first children' book announces the arrival of Chronicles of the Tempus , a major new trilogy for 9-12 year old readers. Imagine E. Nesbit crossed with Philip Pullman. Why is Katie Berger-Jones-Burg under a sofa in Buckingham Palace? The last thing she can remember is reading in her bedroom, trying to block out the sound of the TV. Now she is in London, at the height of Queen Victoria's reign. Something very strange is going on. Together with her two new friends - Princess Alice, the young daughter of Queen Victoria, and James O'Reilly, the son of the royal doctor - Katie must discover why she has been sent back in time. And who are the weird and frightening creatures who seek her out? The key, it seems, lies with the enigmatic Bernardo DuQuelle. As the dark forces moving through the royal household begin to take control, Katie and her friends uncover a plot to assassinate the Queen and unearth an even darker mystery...
About the Author
More books by K.A.S. Quinn
1st March 2010
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15