Chocolate Box Girls: Cherry Crush
Written by Cathy Cassidy
Part of the Chocolate Box Girls Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
All the teenage humours of romance, jealousy, friendship and sorrow rage freely in this brilliantly observed story of contemporary life. Cherry tells what it feels like to arrive in a new family. Her dad has fallen in love with an old college friend and soon he and Cherry are off to a new life. Cherry charts the ups and downs of her adjustment to the new ‘family’ with the particular difficulty of Honey who clearly doesn’t want her and her equally up and down feelings about the gorgeous Shay. Cathy Cassidy’s insight into teenage thinking is pin-point sharp while her light tone makes the story sing.
***And all Cathy fans will love The Chocolate Box Secrets. It's a delicious scrapbook of fun, creative ideas from the Chocolate Box Girls.
Make your own vintage style top or try some of the recipes and there are some cool ideas to make your sleepovers really fun!
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Sidney Greenslade, age 11 - 'Cherry Crush is the gripping story of Cherry, a girl with a new life, new home, new sisters and a new, dangerous friendship – a fantastic read!' Read full review >
- Ella, age 9 - 'Brilliant! The characters were great and it was really well written - I can't wait to read the rest of the series.' Read full review >
- Rebekah, age 12 - 'I like this book a lot and it is one of the best books I've read in a long time.' Read full review >
- Jenny Bridgeman, age 9 - 'I enjoyed the book so much I borrowed the next book 'Summer Dream' from the library.' Read full review >
- Charlotte Rosevear, age 11 - 'I think that this book is amazing... I recommend this book to anyone.' Read full review >
- Bethany Urquhart, age 8 - 'an exciting family adventure...The book has a cliff hanger end and makes you want to read the other books in the series.' Read full review >
- Bella Perez, age 9 - 'I love that they have some recipes and a quiz at the back of the book.' Read full review >
Chocolate Box Girls: Cherry Crush by Cathy Cassidy
Cherry Costello's life is about to change forever. She and Dad are moving to Somerset where a new mum and a bunch of brand-new sisters await. And on Cherry's first day there she meets Shay Fletcher; with suntanned skin and sea-green eyes he's the kind of boy who should carry a government health warning. But Shay already has a girlfriend, Cherry's new stepsister, Honey. Cherry knows her friendship with Shay is dangerous - it could destroy everything. But that doesn't mean she's going to stay away from him...
You can find videos of all the Tanberry sisters on Cathy Cassidy TV!
The Chocolate Box Girls series:
All the teenage humours of romance, jealousy, friendship and sorrow rage freely in this brilliantly observed story of contemporary life. -- Julia Eccleshare Lovereading4kids.co.uk
I can hardly wait to read Cherry Crush, it could possibly be my favourite Cathy Cassidy book! -- Beata, age 11
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Cathy Cassidy
Author's Facebook Latest
Puffin Books an imprint of Penguin Books Ltd
2nd June 2011
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen