Hidden Among Us
Written by Katy Moran
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
March 2013 Book of the Month A sophisticated and complex novel told in different voices, this interweaves a contemporary family story with a haunting story of another world – the place where the elven folk live. As a newly formed family gather in an old family house in the isolated village of Hopesay Edge, strange things begin to happen. Teenage Lissy is trying to find some freedom while her mother struggles to keep her safe from the Hidden, elven folk with magical powers which threatens to draw her away. From the moment Lissy meets a strange boy as she steps off a train, she is fighting for her life. Katy Moran blends magic and reality with an effortless ease that makes the former alarmingly credible.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Daisy Pennock -'I really loved reading this book; it gripped me from the start and kept me turning pages with the constant question of 'Who or what exactly are The Hidden?'. I guess you'll just have to read it to find out!' Read full review >
- Conor Kelly, age 15 - 'I liked all the characters and the way the book was written added to the excitement and mystery.' Read full review >
- Emily Setchell, age 13 - 'It was well written and thoroughly thought out, with a lot of shocks through the book.' Read full review >
- Carla Mc Guigan, age 12 - 'I am now officially a fan of Katy Moran’s work.' Read full review >
- Ayesha Afghan - 'I think Katy Moran is a very talented writer who tells a story of love, action and adventure.' Read full review >
- Christie Heaven - 'The twists and the enchanting locations that feature in the novel leave me grasping for more!' Read full review >
- Izzy Read, age 12 - 'his book stole my heart from the beginning and kept it ‘till the very end, leaving me clutching onto every last word.' Read full review >
- Jhaneel - 'I thoroughly enjoyed reading this and will recommend it to all!!' Read full review >
- Meaghan Lagan, age 13 - I loved it and would recommend it to all teenagers, both boys and girls.' Read full review >
- Darcy Elliman, age 15 'a beautifully written novel that I couldn’t put down.' Read full review >
Win an original print from The Pavee and the Buffer Girl
Siobhan Dowd's powerful story of the fight against racism and prejudice, The Pavee and the Buffer Girl, has been reissued as a splendid graphic novel with stunning illustrations by Emma Shoard. We are giving away an ORIGINAL print from the book (shown here) and a copy SIGNED by Emma.
To have a chance of winning this special prize, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 3 May 2017. The winners will be notified by 15 May 2017.
Hidden Among Us by Katy Moran
Folktale and thriller are brilliantly interwoven in this fast-paced novel. The mysterious boy who Lissy encounters at a deserted train station acts like he has known her all her life. Unnerved by his unnatural beauty, she sets about uncovering the dark secret of the village of Hopesay Edge. The boy, Larkspur, is a member of the Hidden, an ancient group of elven people and Lissy quickly finds herself fighting to escape from a powerful elven magic. A bargain has been made that cannot be broken, and if the Hidden catch Lissy now, they will never let her go. This is a gripping and fast-paced thriller based on traditional folklore. Family ties and loyalty are tested in the compelling fifth novel from the critically acclaimed Katy Moran.
Praise for Bloodline:
As well as powerful story-telling, care and attention is paid to recreating everything from patterns of speech to a whole way of life - Publishing News
About the Author
Interest Age: From 12
More books by Katy Moran
Author's Facebook Latest
Walker Books Ltd
7th March 2013
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15