Goblins Vs Dwarves
Written by Philip Reeve
Illustrated by Dave Semple
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
A brilliant and equally witty follow-up to Goblins which won the Roald Dahl Funny Prize. Now the goblins are under direct attack by the dwarves who are desperate to steal all the treasure from the goblins’ stronghold, Clovenstone Castle. Led by Skarper and Henwyn, the goblins love a fight but they know that they are no match for their enemy. Luckily, they’ve got friends they can call on!
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the first in the series, Goblins.
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'A brilliantly funny adventure. Skarper and Henwyn make a really hilarious pair. It's a fantastic story and you should read it, closely followed by the rest of the Goblins series. I love them!' Read full review >
- Stanley Howarth, age 7 - 'Absolutely amazing book. Action packed, filled with adventure and very funny. From the very first chapter I was hooked and could not read the book quick enough! Can not wait to read the next book!' Read full review >
- Holly Honeyman, age 8 - 'A fantastic, funny, fantasy book filled with trolls, giants wizards and of course goblins!' Read full review >
- William Longlands, age 10 - 'I would strongly recommend this book...Marks out of 10: 10.' Read full review >
- Callum Broomfield, age 10 - 'This book is fast moving, imaginative, well written and fun to read for children 9 yrs and above.' Read full review >
- James Harrison, age 10 - 'This is a so-so book with a great ending.' Read full review >
- Ewan Young, age 11 - 'Brilliant story - definitely should not end up on the 'bumwipe heap'!' Read full review >
- Joseph Harris-Hart, age 12 - 'A great book for kids who like mystical creatures, magical adventures and who enjoy imaginative stories. All kinds of adventures in strange places....I loved it!' Read full review >
- Heather Greenan, age 10 - 'An exciting book, good for children who like adventure and mystery tales.' Read full review >
Goblins Vs Dwarves by Philip Reeve
Another fantastically exciting novel set in a land of magic from the award-winning Philip Reeve. The heroes of Goblins continue their adventures outside the walls of Clovenstone castle. Awaiting Skarper and Henwyn are powerful dark forces that must be vanquished, monstrous creatures to be fought, and astonishing mysteries to be solved.
The full trilogy..
About the Author
More books by Philip Reeve
Author's Facebook Latest
Marion Lloyd Books an imprint of Scholastic
4th March 2013
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15