Goblins Vs Dwarves
Written by Philip Reeve
Illustrated by Dave Semple
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
when in stock
As soon as this book is back in stock we will send you an email.Compare book price We'd love you to buy your books from Lovereading - especially if we helped you to choose them! But as our mantra is guidance, and that includes guidance on price, please do use our 'Compare Book Price' service to discover if the best value deal is from Lovereading or another specialist bookstore.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
A brilliant and equally witty follow-up to Goblins which won the Roald Dahl Funny Prize. Now the goblins are under direct attack by the dwarves who are desperate to steal all the treasure from the goblins’ stronghold, Clovenstone Castle. Led by Skarper and Henwyn, the goblins love a fight but they know that they are no match for their enemy. Luckily, they’ve got friends they can call on!
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the first in the series, Goblins.
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'A brilliantly funny adventure. Skarper and Henwyn make a really hilarious pair. It's a fantastic story and you should read it, closely followed by the rest of the Goblins series. I love them!' Read full review >
- Stanley Howarth, age 7 - 'Absolutely amazing book. Action packed, filled with adventure and very funny. From the very first chapter I was hooked and could not read the book quick enough! Can not wait to read the next book!' Read full review >
- Holly Honeyman, age 8 - 'A fantastic, funny, fantasy book filled with trolls, giants wizards and of course goblins!' Read full review >
- William Longlands, age 10 - 'I would strongly recommend this book...Marks out of 10: 10.' Read full review >
- Callum Broomfield, age 10 - 'This book is fast moving, imaginative, well written and fun to read for children 9 yrs and above.' Read full review >
- James Harrison, age 10 - 'This is a so-so book with a great ending.' Read full review >
- Ewan Young, age 11 - 'Brilliant story - definitely should not end up on the 'bumwipe heap'!' Read full review >
- Joseph Harris-Hart, age 12 - 'A great book for kids who like mystical creatures, magical adventures and who enjoy imaginative stories. All kinds of adventures in strange places....I loved it!' Read full review >
- Heather Greenan, age 10 - 'An exciting book, good for children who like adventure and mystery tales.' Read full review >
Goblins Vs Dwarves by Philip Reeve
Another fantastically exciting novel set in a land of magic from the award-winning Philip Reeve. The heroes of Goblins continue their adventures outside the walls of Clovenstone castle. Awaiting Skarper and Henwyn are powerful dark forces that must be vanquished, monstrous creatures to be fought, and astonishing mysteries to be solved.
The full trilogy..
About the Author
More books by Philip Reeve
Author's Facebook Latest
Marion Lloyd Books an imprint of Scholastic
4th March 2013
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen