Written by Erin Jade Lange
Lovereading4kids Price £10.39
£12.99 saving £2.60 (20%)
when in stock
As soon as this book is back in stock we will send you an email.Compare book price We'd love you to buy your books from Lovereading - especially if we helped you to choose them! But as our mantra is guidance, and that includes guidance on price, please do use our 'Compare Book Price' service to discover if the best value deal is from Lovereading or another specialist bookstore.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Shortlisted for the Waterstone's Best Fiction for Teens Award 2015 - February 2014 Book of the Month Perfect for readers looking for an authentic teenage voice - moving and funny, this is the true-to-life story of two very different teen boys who realise that by pulling together when it really counts they can achieve; even an epic road trip to solve a collection of riddles.
Teens love to read and a small number of our reader review panel members were lucky enough to be invited to review this title.
- Molly Parker, age 14 - 'The book took you on emotional journey, one minute you’re laughing and the next you are crying. The story was really gripping and made you wanted to know what happens next.' Read full review >
- Jodi Coffman, age 12 - 'This book is great and unpredictable which I loved. The ending is not what I anticipated at all - the twists and turns are constant. I could not put it down!' Read full review >
- Juliana Christianson, age 14 - 'This story moved me and brought me round to realise the everyday struggles of people who are looked down upon for being 'different'...I read it in one long night because I couldn't put it down, thank you Erin Lange for some much needed reading material.' Read full review >
- Jade Craddock - 'Lange offers a powerful portrait of friendship and loyalty, hope and survival.' Read full review >
- Maddy Faulkner, age 11 - 'The way that Erin Lange has written this book is sensitive yet thought provoking as it makes you understand the true meaning of friendship. I love this book and can’t wait for more books by this author!' Read full review >
- Susana Sanchez Gonzalez, age 38 - 'Another great YA book to shout about. Powerful premise, wonderful characters, intelligent questions. What's not to like?' Read full review >
- Madi Campbell, age 14 - 'an absolutely amazing book, it is a definite read for the teenage section. At points it can pull on your heart strings, but it also brings tears of happiness to your eyes.' Read full review >
- Liam Pickering, age 11 - 'This was a book that made me think and caused me to question my instincts. I kept changing my mind about the characters and what I thought was going to happen.' Read full review >
Dead Ends by Erin Jade Lange
A riddle rarely makes sense the first time you hear it. The connection between Dane and Billy D doesn't make sense any time you hear it. But it's a collection of riddles that brings these two unlikely friends together. Dane Washington lives by two rules: don't hit girls and don't hit special kids. Billy D has Down syndrome and thinks a fierce boy who won't hit him could come in useful. Billy D has a puzzle to solve, after all, and he has the perfect plan to make Dane help him. Billy is sure the riddles in his atlas are really clues left by his missing dad. Together, Billy and Dane must embark on an epic road trip, although most of the clues lead to dead ends. What Dane doesn't realise is that Billy D isn't as innocent as he seems and the biggest secret is hidden close to home...
‘I love it. it reminds me of John Green's A Fault in our Starsand RJ Palacio'sWonder.’ Jo, Victoria Park Books
‘'A disturbing modern morality tale that underlines the gulf between teenage and adult online culture' ’ Financial Times
‘This book, *sigh* it broke my heart, put it back together, ripped it apart again, and put it back together in the best way possible.’ Kayla Marshal, Goodreads.com
‘'What an incredible, poignant and affecting debut novel.’ Jake Hope, Children's Librarian and Blue Peter judge
About the Author
Interest Age: from 12
Erin Jade Lange
More books by Erin Jade Lange
Author's Facebook Latest
Faber Children's Books an imprint of Faber & Faber
6th February 2014
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman