Written by Erin Jade Lange
Lovereading4kids Price £10.39
£12.99 saving £2.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Shortlisted for the Waterstone's Best Fiction for Teens Award 2015 - February 2014 Book of the Month Perfect for readers looking for an authentic teenage voice - moving and funny, this is the true-to-life story of two very different teen boys who realise that by pulling together when it really counts they can achieve; even an epic road trip to solve a collection of riddles.
Teens love to read and a small number of our reader review panel members were lucky enough to be invited to review this title.
- Molly Parker, age 14 - 'The book took you on emotional journey, one minute you’re laughing and the next you are crying. The story was really gripping and made you wanted to know what happens next.' Read full review >
- Jodi Coffman, age 12 - 'This book is great and unpredictable which I loved. The ending is not what I anticipated at all - the twists and turns are constant. I could not put it down!' Read full review >
- Juliana Christianson, age 14 - 'This story moved me and brought me round to realise the everyday struggles of people who are looked down upon for being 'different'...I read it in one long night because I couldn't put it down, thank you Erin Lange for some much needed reading material.' Read full review >
- Jade Craddock - 'Lange offers a powerful portrait of friendship and loyalty, hope and survival.' Read full review >
- Maddy Faulkner, age 11 - 'The way that Erin Lange has written this book is sensitive yet thought provoking as it makes you understand the true meaning of friendship. I love this book and can’t wait for more books by this author!' Read full review >
- Susana Sanchez Gonzalez, age 38 - 'Another great YA book to shout about. Powerful premise, wonderful characters, intelligent questions. What's not to like?' Read full review >
- Madi Campbell, age 14 - 'an absolutely amazing book, it is a definite read for the teenage section. At points it can pull on your heart strings, but it also brings tears of happiness to your eyes.' Read full review >
- Liam Pickering, age 11 - 'This was a book that made me think and caused me to question my instincts. I kept changing my mind about the characters and what I thought was going to happen.' Read full review >
Win an original print from The Pavee and the Buffer Girl
Siobhan Dowd's powerful story of the fight against racism and prejudice, The Pavee and the Buffer Girl, has been reissued as a splendid graphic novel with stunning illustrations by Emma Shoard. We are giving away an ORIGINAL print from the book (shown here) and a copy SIGNED by Emma.
To have a chance of winning this special prize, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 3 May 2017. The winners will be notified by 15 May 2017.
Dead Ends by Erin Jade Lange
A riddle rarely makes sense the first time you hear it. The connection between Dane and Billy D doesn't make sense any time you hear it. But it's a collection of riddles that brings these two unlikely friends together. Dane Washington lives by two rules: don't hit girls and don't hit special kids. Billy D has Down syndrome and thinks a fierce boy who won't hit him could come in useful. Billy D has a puzzle to solve, after all, and he has the perfect plan to make Dane help him. Billy is sure the riddles in his atlas are really clues left by his missing dad. Together, Billy and Dane must embark on an epic road trip, although most of the clues lead to dead ends. What Dane doesn't realise is that Billy D isn't as innocent as he seems and the biggest secret is hidden close to home...
‘I love it. it reminds me of John Green's A Fault in our Starsand RJ Palacio'sWonder.’ Jo, Victoria Park Books
‘'A disturbing modern morality tale that underlines the gulf between teenage and adult online culture' ’ Financial Times
‘This book, *sigh* it broke my heart, put it back together, ripped it apart again, and put it back together in the best way possible.’ Kayla Marshal, Goodreads.com
‘'What an incredible, poignant and affecting debut novel.’ Jake Hope, Children's Librarian and Blue Peter judge
About the Author
Interest Age: from 12
Erin Jade Lange
More books by Erin Jade Lange
Author's Facebook Latest
Faber Children's Books an imprint of Faber & Faber
6th February 2014
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch