The Accidental Life of Jessie Jefferson
Written by Paige Toon
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
when in stock
As soon as this book is back in stock we will send you an email.Compare book price We'd love you to buy your books from Lovereading - especially if we helped you to choose them! But as our mantra is guidance, and that includes guidance on price, please do use our 'Compare Book Price' service to discover if the best value deal is from Lovereading or another specialist bookstore.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
February 2014 Debut of the Month Paige Toon is a bestselling author of women’s fiction but this is her first foray into YA / crossover fiction. As teen protagonist Jessie Jefferson moves to the Hollywood Hills to join her mega famous fock star father will she fit in with the young and glamorous LA set? Will she get on with her infamous father? Join her roller-coaster of a journey from girl-next-door to Hollywood.
Teens love to read and a small number of the Lovereading4kids reader review panel were lucky enough read and review this title.
- Lola Bridgeman, age 17 - 'Big, big fans of Jessie Jefferson, this is the perfect teen summer read and does not disappoint! Witty, pacy, and moving I loved it!' Read full review >
- Charlotte Crisp, age 13 - 'I loved the book, from beginning to end. I couldn't stop reading it. The story was great and it slowly pulled me in. I'm really glad I got to read it.' Read full review >
- Rosa Boran, age 14 - 'I really liked this book. I found it really interesting and exciting. I had it finished quickly as i couldn't put it down.' Read full review >
- Delilah Acworth, age 14 - 'I will be waiting with bated breath for the next instalment...I loved it and I hope Paige Toon writes many more like it.' Read full review >
- Danielle Shepherd, age 17 - 'I literally read this novel in one sitting. It took me a couple of pages to get into it and to start liking Jessie, but as soon as she was in LA, I was definitely hooked.' Read full review >
- Lauren Coffman, age 14 - 'I loved this book and highly recommend it. It was exciting and there was so much going on I couldn't put it down!' Read full review >
- Tahmin Ali, aged 13 - 'This was a really interesting book to read and I can’t wait for the sequel!' Read full review >
- Sarah, age 15 - 'This is the perfect lighthearted beach book. I loved it. 5 out of 5.' Read full review >
- Molly Hudson, age 12 - 'Wow! what a fantastic book, couldn't put it down! Perfect holiday book, I devoured it in two days! Jessie Jefferson is my new heroine...' Read full review >
- Hannah Glenton - 'The novel ended in a way that made a sequel inevitable… Bring on Spring 2015! In the meantime I’ll be catching up on the rest of Paige Toon’s undoubtedly impressive novels!' Read full review >
- Victoria Sharman - 'I enjoyed the easy to read, no nonsense, no guns, no violence, no sex chick lit book.. made me feel 16 again.' Read full review >
Win an original print from The Pavee and the Buffer Girl
Siobhan Dowd's powerful story of the fight against racism and prejudice, The Pavee and the Buffer Girl, has been reissued as a splendid graphic novel with stunning illustrations by Emma Shoard. We are giving away an ORIGINAL print from the book (shown here) and a copy SIGNED by Emma.
To have a chance of winning this special prize, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 3 May 2017. The winners will be notified by 15 May 2017.
The Accidental Life of Jessie Jefferson by Paige Toon
Meet Jessie, the daughter of Johnny Jefferson, as featured in the author's previous novels, Johnny Be Good and Baby Be Mine… My fifteenth birthday was the worst day of my life, and it's inconceivable to think that any single day in my future will ever be as bad. My mum was killed in a freak accident on her way to pick up my cake. Even when there was still no sign of her after two hours later, and my friends started to arrive at our house, it never occurred to me that she wouldn't be coming back. That was six months ago. My mum died without telling me who my real dad was. And for a while I hated her for it. I thought she's taken the secret of my father's identity with her forever. But she didn't. Holy hell, she didn't. Because three weeks ago I found out the truth. And I'm still reeling from the shock of it. My dad is none other than Johnny Jefferson, rock star and one-time serial womaniser. And now I'm on my way to LA to meet him and his family. My tiny little world has just got a whole lot bigger…
“If you want escapism, Paige Toon is perfect” Cosmopolitan
“Witty and sexy - perfect holiday reading material” Closer
About the Author
More books by Paige Toon
Author's Facebook Latest
Simon & Schuster Childrens Books an imprint of Simon & Schuster Ltd
30th January 2014
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family