Dance of the Dark Heart
Written by Julie Hearn
Lovereading4kids Price £6.39
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Julie Hearn’s gripping historical story balances romance and violence dextrously as good and evil play out in tandem. Born in adverse circumstances and abandoned as a baby, Jack grows up as foster sister to Janet whom he adores. But while Janet is all sweetness and light there is something dark within Jack, even as a tiniest baby. When Jack is separated from Janet he vows that they will be reunited. Jack will stop at nothing as he pursues his passion despite the high cost, including betrayal, of his obsessive love. Julie Hearn commands the complex and conflicting good and evil emotions of Jack brilliantly.
Teens love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert review, some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Karianne Turner, Year 7 - 'a fantastic story.' Read full review >
- Ella Grabsky, age 14 - 'I haven't read a novel like this for a long time and it's a refreshing change from the other books you might find on the shelves! It is a dark love story set it the past.' Read full review >
- Amrit Bunet, age 15 - 'a chilling story with mystery and unexpected twists woven into every word written carefully on the page by Hearn.' Read full review >
- Sarah Murray, age 15 - 'This tragic story of unrequited love and a brilliant anti hero is fantastic!'Read full review >
- Sophie Dobson, age 14 - 'I think the book is fantastic, at the start it has a lot of action and mystery...Brilliant book.' Read full review >
- Rose Heathcote, age 14 - 'This book is a good short read. Its based on a old folk tale and has a mysterious twist. I would recommend this to a friend.' Read full review >
Dance of the Dark Heart by Julie Hearn
Jack Orion is a tormented soul. His childhood companion, and one true love, has been cruelly snatched away from him and now nothing matters to him but being reunited with her. From the goatherd's shack to the court of King Henry VIII, Jack will not be diverted from his path. And wherever he goes he plays his fiddle like a demon, while the demon in his head urges him on. But Jack is dangerous, and he has a dark heart. If you had the chance to dance with the devil ...would you? This stunning new novel from Julie Hearn tells of a heart-wrenching love that is all-encompassing and is a page-turning tale of good versus evil.
About the Author
More books by Julie Hearn
Oxford University Press
3rd April 2014
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East