Shaun the Sheep - Tales from Mossy Bottom Farm The Flock Factor
Written by Martin Howard
Part of the Shaun the Sheep - Tales from Mossy Bottom Farm Series
Lovereading4kids Price £3.99
£4.99 saving £1.00 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
October 2014 Book of the Month A rip roaring tale from Mossy Bottom Farm where a most unusual talent show is about to take place. It’s the chickens versus the sheep. They are pretty evenly matched but the sheep have a very big problem on their hands. Shirley, the star singer of the flock, is suffering a terrible attack of stage fright. Shaun needs all his ingenuity to make sure she gets up on stage and gives her best performance ever! Hilarious farmyard stories that will delight newly confident readers.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Rhys Mcmaster, age 6 - 'Rhys was very keen to find out what would happen next, there was definitely an element of anticipation. It was a funny read that held his interest.' Read full review >
- Evie Aconley, age 8 - 'A really funny book, I absolutely loved it and read it super quick!' Read full review >
- Toby Pickering, age 7 - 'This book tells the tale of 'The Flock Factor' Mossy Bottom Farms own spin on the popular T.V. show ‘The X Factor’. I would recommend this book to anyone that likes a short, humorous story, full of laughter and fun throughout.' Read full review >
- Oliver Lonsdale, age 6 - 'Very funny book with great pictures, would love to read more.' Read full review >
- Joe Hunter, age 9 - 'I liked this book becuase it was a good plot. I really like Shirly on chapter seven. I like the bit where the frogs got dressed up in swimming gear.' Read full review >
- Robert Anderson, age 4 - 'Very funny! I like the hen pictures. I like everything about it. Can I have that book next? (Points to The Beast of Soggy Moor cover.)' Read full review >
- Jessica Cobbin, age 7 - 'This is a funny book...At the back of this book there are some activities to do; my favourite one is where it shows you how to draw Shaun, so you can make your own Shaun the Sheep books and stories.' Read full review >
Shaun the Sheep - Tales from Mossy Bottom Farm The Flock Factor by Martin Howard
Who will rock the talent show, chickens or sheep? Characters from Shaun the Sheep step from screen to page in the first of an original illustrated fiction series, Tales from Mossy Bottom Farm.
Can Shaun the sheep convince his jittery friend to wow the vole judges and take home the prize? Shaun the Sheep fans both old and new will flock to this funny, original story inspired by the internationally popular animated TV show from Aardman.
This is the first title in a new fiction series based on the TV series Shaun the Sheep from Aardman studio, creators of Wallace and Gromit.
Rob Goodchild, Head of Licensing at Aardman Animations said, ‘We are delighted to be working with Walker Books at such an exciting time for them and for Shaun the Sheep. The Mossy Bottom Farm series will bring brand new stories and characters from Shaun’s world to a range of young fiction books. We know how much families enjoy watching the TV show and are sure they will take the same pleasure from reading these books together.'
Here's a teaser trailer for the new Shaun the Sheep movie.
For Shaun the Sheep games, activities and downloads visit shaunthesheep.com
About the Author
Interest Age: From 5
More books by Martin Howard
Walker Books Ltd
2nd October 2014
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14