Written by Becca Fitzpatrick
Lovereading4kids Price £7.99
£9.99 saving £2.00 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
October 2014 Book of the Month Black Ice is New York Times bestselling author Becca Fitzpatrick’s riveting romantic thriller, set against the treacherous backdrop of the mountains of Wyoming. Whether you’re new to Becca’s writing or a fan of the Hush, Hush series, Black Ice is guaranteed to keep you on the edge of your seat.
Teens love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert review, some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Aimee Sweet, age 13 - 'This incredible book puts you on the edge of your seat and the pace is kept up throughout.' Read full review >
- Imogen Fisher, age 14 - 'I enjoyed reading this book, I found the characters interesting and I definitely empathised with them.' Read full review >
- Kynthia Ravikumar, age 14 - 'A heart- wrenching, climatic book with huge plot twists and lots of drama with a hint of sweet romance. An excellent book by the extremely gifted author.' Read full review >
- Louisa Alice Cunliffe, age 17 - 'WOW. My heart didn’t stop racing until I'd finished the final page. Her plot is beautifully crafted so that it weaves together fear, mystery and romance in a way that makes it impossible to put down.' Read full review >
- Amy Laws, age 13 - 'I was hooked from page one, I struggled to put it down!' Read full review >
- Sarah Murray, age 16 - 'Wow! This was by far the best thriller I have ever read - a perfect Halloween read.' Read full review >
Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick
Britt Pfeiffer has never been that adventurous, but that's about to change. Wanting to impress her ex-boyfriend, Britt convinces best friend, Korbie, to take a trekking trip with her. But when a freak storm leaves the girls stranded they seek shelter in a cabin, where they find two knights in shining armour. Or so they think. Britt quickly realises that the girls need to get off the mountain, fast. In exchange for her life, she is forced to guide the boys down, and as they set out on a harrowing journey through the cold and snow, Britt realises the only way to escape with her life is to pretend she is on their side. But is gorgeous, sexy Mason an enemy or an ally? Tension mounts, and it's only a matter of time before things turn deadly...
For more information on Black Ice, including behind-the-scenes exclusives, competitions and author interviews www.blackicebook.co.uk.
‘An edge-of-your-seat thriller packed with action and bad boys’ Sugarscape
‘LOVED it’ I Want To Read That
‘Dark and adrenaline-filled, Black Ice will have you on the edge of your seat until the final twist’ Fiction Fascination
‘Becca’s descriptive writing is stunning’ Book Angel Emma
‘A great read’ Book Geeks
‘I adored Black Ice’ Books For Company
Praise for Hush, Hush:
A rollercoaster of twists and turns...a great, new and different novel Sunday Express
Praise for Crescendo:
dark, sexy and compelling The Bookseller
great sexual tension...hot, tense and moreish The Bookbag
Praise for Silence:
The perfect escape into fantasy and a love that can break all boundaries. Sugarscape
About the Author
Interest Age: From 12
More books by Becca Fitzpatrick
Author's Facebook Latest
Simon & Schuster Childrens Books an imprint of Simon & Schuster Ltd
7th October 2014
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16