Jolley-Rodgers Cave of Doom
Written by Jonny Duddle
Illustrated by Jonny Duddle
Part of the Jonny Duddle Series
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Shortlisted for the Laugh-Out-Loud Book Awards 2016, 6-8 years Category Ahoy there! Jim Lad and the Pirates Next Door return, in fully illustrated younger fiction stories.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the first title, The Jolley-Rogers and the Ghostly Galleon. You can read their reviews below.
- Toby, age 7 - 'It was a very adventurous book. It was a story about a girl called Matilda and a boy called Jimlad who had to save the day. An exciting, funny and daring story.' Read full review >
- Robyn, age 5 and Tracey Chorley - 'I thought it was a fun book to read to my daughter and I can well imagine her reading it again to herself as she grows into a more independent reader.' Read full review >
- Matthew Wilson, age 6 - 'Don't panic everyone! It's pirates. I like the way my Dad does all the voices. This is the best pirate story ever. The pictures are awesome. I give it 5 stars.' Read full review >
- Brodie Greenslade, age 8 - 'The Jolley-Rogers and the Ghostly Galleon is exciting and funny - I can't wait to read the next one!' Read full review >
- Erica Motoc, age 8 - 'This book is about pirate thieves who steal from a beach museum every full moon.' Read full review >
- Lily Benner, age 9 - 'A fun and entertaining tale for anyone who likes ghosts, pirates and a ‘Jolley’ good laugh.' Read full review >
- Alex Franks, age 8 - 'I loved this exciting story which was also a bit scary. Jim Lad was a brave boy who fought the pirates to save the treasures for Dull-on-Sea.' Read full review >
- George Johnson, age 7 - 'I loved this book! It was funny, exciting and I didn't want to put it down.' Read full review >
- Jemima Foyster, age 5 - 'There is a problem in Dull-on-Sea. Pirates are going everywhere trying to get everything. Matilda wants to help so she sends a message in a bottle to her best friend Jim Lad, a pirate.' Read full review >
- Isabel, age 6 - 'I really liked this book and I can't wait to read more.' Read full review >
- Isaac & Alice East, age 7 & 9 - 'The Jolley-Rogers and the Ghostly Galleon is a book that is hard to read at first because there is a lot of pirate language. It is an exciting adventure book which I am sure you will really love.' Read full review >
- Alexander Bisland, age 8 - 'I enjoyed this book a lot...I give it 10/10!' Read full review >
Win a Limited Edition copy of The Smartest Giant in Town!
The Smartest Giant in Town, a modern classic by the uber-talented team of Julia Donaldson and Axel Sheffler, is celebrating its 15th Anniversary.
To mark this occasion we will be giving away FIVE copies of this limited edition storybook. To have a chance of winning one of these great prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 6 February 2017. The winners will be notified by 20 February 2017.
Jolley-Rodgers Cave of Doom by Jonny Duddle
While the Jolley-Rogers are enjoying a day at the beach, little sister Nugget toddles into a cave. When she doesn't come out again, Mum goes in to find her. And, when Mum doesn't return, Dad follows. Jim Lad is suspicious and sends Bones the dog to Dull-on-Sea to find Matilda before he too ventures in to the cave. Jim Lad soon discovers a magical haul of treasure inside the cave has bewitched his family. Will the cave's spooky inhabitant, a sinister sea witch, keep them prisoner forever, or can Matilda and Bones come to the Jolley-Rogers' rescue?
The Pirates Next Door won the 2012 Waterstones Children's Book Prize, and was shortlisted for the children's category in the Specsavers National Book Awards.
About the Author
More books by Jonny Duddle
Author's Facebook Latest
1st April 2015
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East