I Knew You Were Trouble
Written by Paige Toon
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
August 2015 Book of the Month This entertaining sequel to The Accidental Life of Jessie Jefferson sees Jessie return to her ordinary life in England after enjoying a whirlwind summer in the Hollywood Hills with her newfound father, international rock star, Johnny Jefferson. Settling back into the new school term is made easier when she gets together with gorgeous Tom, but the stakes get a whole lot higher when her identity is exposed and she's flown back to LA, where her dad and his security entourage can better protect her. Life in LA as Johnny Jefferson’s daughter is a maelstrom of parties, paparazzi and cool clubs, but it’s not long before the champagne bubbles begin to taste a little flat. Jessie misses her stepdad and her deceased mum, and she feels guilty about her attraction to bad boy guitarist Jack. Torn between two continents and boys, Jessie faces some tough decisions, not least deciding where she should call home.
With all the pace and wit of a top teen-screen hit, I Knew You Were Trouble is an addictive read with strong rags to riches appeal. But alongside the entertaining escapism, and with wit and insight, it also explores the big universal theme of finding yourself and being brave enough to become who you want to be. ~ Joanne Owen
Some of the Lovereading4kids reader review panel were lucky enough read and review the first book in this series, The Accidental Life of Jessie Jefferson.
- Lola Bridgeman, age 17 - 'Big, big fans of Jessie Jefferson, this is the perfect teen summer read and does not disappoint! Witty, pacy, and moving I loved it!' Read full review >
- Charlotte Crisp, age 13 - 'I loved the book, from beginning to end. I couldn't stop reading it. The story was great and it slowly pulled me in. I'm really glad I got to read it.' Read full review >
- Rosa Boran, age 14 - 'I really liked this book. I found it really interesting and exciting. I had it finished quickly as i couldn't put it down.' Read full review >
- Delilah Acworth, age 14 - 'I will be waiting with bated breath for the next instalment...I loved it and I hope Paige Toon writes many more like it.' Read full review >
- Danielle Shepherd, age 17 - 'I literally read this novel in one sitting. It took me a couple of pages to get into it and to start liking Jessie, but as soon as she was in LA, I was definitely hooked.' Read full review >
- Lauren Coffman, age 14 - 'I loved this book and highly recommend it. It was exciting and there was so much going on I couldn't put it down!' Read full review >
- Tahmin Ali, aged 13 - 'This was a really interesting book to read and I can’t wait for the sequel!' Read full review >
- Sarah, age 15 - 'This is the perfect lighthearted beach book. I loved it. 5 out of 5.' Read full review >
- Molly Hudson, age 12 - 'Wow! what a fantastic book, couldn't put it down! Perfect holiday book, I devoured it in two days! Jessie Jefferson is my new heroine...' Read full review >
- Hannah Glenton - 'The novel ended in a way that made a sequel inevitable… Bring on Spring 2015! In the meantime I’ll be catching up on the rest of Paige Toon’s undoubtedly impressive novels!' Read full review >
- Victoria Sharman - 'I enjoyed the easy to read, no nonsense, no guns, no violence, no sex chick lit book.. made me feel 16 again.' Read full review >
I Knew You Were Trouble by Paige Toon
Life as the undercover daughter of a rock god was never going to be easy. How will Jessie adjust to her old boring life again after spending her summer living it up with her dad in LA? With tough decisions ahead (and not just choosing between two hot boys), can she cope juggling her two very different lives?
Jessie is back in the UK and just starting the new school term. She rekindles a spark with former crush, Tom, though is still preoccupied with thoughts of bad boy Jack from LA. When her father comes to visit and and invites Jessie out to dinner, he assures her that she’s safe from the paparazzi, but sure enough her photo appears in the local paper the next day and it’s only a matter of time before the media are clamouring to find out the identity of Johnny’s long-lost daughter.
Summer may be over, but Jessie’s story is just beginning…
"I found myself completely absorbed into the story… I didn't put The Accidental Life of Jessie Jefferson down until I'd got to the very last page" The Bookbag
"Addictive" Books for Company
"Roller-coaster of a journey" Lovereading
"Packed with wit, charm, Californian sunshine and celebrities" Handwritten Girl
"Another stunner from Paige Toon" So many books, so little time
“If you want escapism, Paige Toon is perfect” Cosmopolitan
“Witty and sexy - perfect holiday reading material” Closer
About the Author
Interest Age: From 14
More books by Paige Toon
Author's Facebook Latest
Simon & Schuster Ltd
30th July 2015
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale