Memoirs of a Neurotic Zombie
Written by Jeff Norton
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
With a great twist to it, this is a witty story of growing up and all the complications and unfairness of family and friends that go with it. Adam Meltzer is on an unusual mission. He wants to find out the mystery of his own death. Although Adam looks just like his old self and still has his Obsessive Compulsive Disorder he is actually – a zombie. Not the typical crazed, flesh-eating kind but the living dead nonetheless. Dead because a bee stung him as he was taking a big swing at a birthday piñata. But Adam isn’t allergic to bees. So, what was going on? ~ Julia Eccleshare
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert review, some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- James Page, age 10 - 'This book will engross you from start to finish. It is a great zombie tale with plenty of thrills and spills.' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'A brilliantly funny book. Adam's handling of his tricky new, undead situation on top of his neuroses was hilarious. The funniest zom-com ever!' Read full review >
- Daniel Aconley, age 11 - 'Good, exciting book but a disappointing ending.' Read full review >
- William Longlands, age 10 - '10/10! I never got bored reading this book and read it at a rate of knots as there was always lots happening.' Read full review >
- Alice East, age 9 - 'This book was a really exciting brilliant book about a boy gets stung by a bee and turns into a Zombie.' Read full review >
- Alex Crisp, age 9 - 'An immensely funny mystery book about zombies, vampires, werebeasts and genetically modified bees! Come and join Adam Meltzer on an amazing trip to find out how he died and to stop everyone else dying of the same cause.' Read full review >
Win a SIGNED hardback copy of Ottoline and the Purple Fox!
We are giving away 3 signed hardback copies of the fourth Ottoline adventure written and illustrated by Chris Riddell, Ottoline and the Purple Fox.
To have a chance of winning one of these great prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
Draw closes on 5 December 2016. The winners will be notified by 16 December 2016 and you should have your prize in time for Christmas!
Memoirs of a Neurotic Zombie by Jeff Norton
'My name is Adam Meltzer and the last thing I remember was being stung by a bee while swinging at a robot-shaped pinata on my twelfth birthday. I was dead before the candy hit the ground.' Memoirs of a Neurotic Zombie is narrated by the hilarious Adam Meltzer - pre-teen, worrywart, and now zombie. Adam's family gets the fright of their lives when he turns up at their door ...three months after his funeral. Soon Adam's back at school trying to fit in and not draw extra attention to himself, but when he sees his neighbour Ernesto transform into a chupacubra, and the beautiful Corina (Adam's number one mega-crush) turns out to be a (vegan) vampire, undead life is never going to be the same again.
This is a hilarious adventure caper - if Ferris Bueller met Shaun of the Dead - all about friendship and being yourself ...even if you're undead.
About the Author
More books by Jeff Norton
Author's Facebook Latest
Faber & Faber
3rd September 2015
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15