Memoirs of a Neurotic Zombie
Written by Jeff Norton
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
With a great twist to it, this is a witty story of growing up and all the complications and unfairness of family and friends that go with it. Adam Meltzer is on an unusual mission. He wants to find out the mystery of his own death. Although Adam looks just like his old self and still has his Obsessive Compulsive Disorder he is actually – a zombie. Not the typical crazed, flesh-eating kind but the living dead nonetheless. Dead because a bee stung him as he was taking a big swing at a birthday piñata. But Adam isn’t allergic to bees. So, what was going on? ~ Julia Eccleshare
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert review, some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- James Page, age 10 - 'This book will engross you from start to finish. It is a great zombie tale with plenty of thrills and spills.' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'A brilliantly funny book. Adam's handling of his tricky new, undead situation on top of his neuroses was hilarious. The funniest zom-com ever!' Read full review >
- Daniel Aconley, age 11 - 'Good, exciting book but a disappointing ending.' Read full review >
- William Longlands, age 10 - '10/10! I never got bored reading this book and read it at a rate of knots as there was always lots happening.' Read full review >
- Alice East, age 9 - 'This book was a really exciting brilliant book about a boy gets stung by a bee and turns into a Zombie.' Read full review >
- Alex Crisp, age 9 - 'An immensely funny mystery book about zombies, vampires, werebeasts and genetically modified bees! Come and join Adam Meltzer on an amazing trip to find out how he died and to stop everyone else dying of the same cause.' Read full review >
Memoirs of a Neurotic Zombie by Jeff Norton
'My name is Adam Meltzer and the last thing I remember was being stung by a bee while swinging at a robot-shaped pinata on my twelfth birthday. I was dead before the candy hit the ground.' Memoirs of a Neurotic Zombie is narrated by the hilarious Adam Meltzer - pre-teen, worrywart, and now zombie. Adam's family gets the fright of their lives when he turns up at their door ...three months after his funeral. Soon Adam's back at school trying to fit in and not draw extra attention to himself, but when he sees his neighbour Ernesto transform into a chupacubra, and the beautiful Corina (Adam's number one mega-crush) turns out to be a (vegan) vampire, undead life is never going to be the same again.
This is a hilarious adventure caper - if Ferris Bueller met Shaun of the Dead - all about friendship and being yourself ...even if you're undead.
About the Author
More books by Jeff Norton
Author's Facebook Latest
Faber & Faber
3rd September 2015
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15