Written by Kiki Sullivan
Part of the The Dolls Series
Lovereading4kids Price £6.39
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
A return to the hot south beckons in this new episode of Kiki Sullivan’s moreish series, a sultry mix of romance and voodoo. Eveny Cheval has just come to terms with the knowledge that she is the latest in a long line of powerful voodoo queens, but there are more revelations to come: her father’s side of the family are practitioners of a different but equally powerful type of magic. Eveny’s heritage makes her very special, but it also puts her in real danger. Luckily she has the gorgeous Caleb there to protect her – or will her friendship with the equally attractive Bram knock things off balance? It’s seductive reading and once again, there’s a twist to surprise readers and leave them panting for more. ~ Andrea Reece
- Aimee Sweet - '. A little bit of romance, a little bit of magic, an action infused plot and what do you get? An amazing idea that will go far.'
- Phoebe Allan - 'an exceptional read, almost bursting with twists and turns, shocks and sighs of relief, dark magic and discovery and despair and forbidden romance. Utterly amazing and an honestly brilliant book that I can't recommend enough!'
- Danielle Shepherd, age 18 - 'This book was simply magical.'
- Edel Waugh - 'I loved this book and would recommend it to those of you who might have enjoyed ‘Beautiful Creatures’...or if you just love some great YA writing! This was awesome! Gorgeous setting!
- Destiny Maraj - 'The Dolls was a very intriguing, mysterious, dramatic novel! It was really great.'
- Pheobe - 'Dolls, I believe, has become one of my favourite books!'
- Aimee Sweet, age 13 - 'I love this book so much.'
- Izzy Read, age 14 - 'The Dolls looked at a different kind of magic that I've ever read about, Voodoo interested me with its rituals, dolls and spirits...'
- Ella Hollingshead, age 13 - 'Teen fiction, horror and fantasy are feature of 'The Dolls'. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and cannot wait to read the sequel!'
- Emily Kinder, age 14 - 'Peregrine Marceau and Chloe St. Pierre have every one under their immaculately manicured thumbs. However, Eveny soon realises that not everything is as it seems in Carrefour.'
Midnight Dolls by Kiki Sullivan
Eveny, Peregrine and Chloe are The Dolls: voodoo queens of Carrefour. When Eveny discovers she's heir to two magical traditions, her power doubles - but so does the threat from her enemies. And when Eveny's attacked at home, it's clear they're closing in. But the Dolls are ready to fight. For the people and town they love. And for their lives.
“Sullivan’s Dolls call to mind the Cullen clan, and the setting has echoes of the Beautiful Creatures books. . . . Sullivan’s talent for moving the action forward makes for a breezy, engaging read.” Publishers Weekly
“With its spooky Southern setting, magic and mayhem, and a heroine I’d invite to my slumber party any time, THE DOLLS is shivery fun at its finest!” Rachel Hawkins, New York Times bestselling author of the Hex Hall series
“Sullivan capitalizes on the Southern setting here to spine-tingling effect as the story moves in a surprising direction involving voodoo magic and sinister forces at work around Carrefour. Sure to be popular with fans of the “Vampire Academy”, “Hex Hall”, “Caster Chronicles” or “Pretty Little Liars” series.” School Library Journal
About the Author
More books by Kiki Sullivan
Author's Facebook Latest
Usborne Publishing Ltd
1st September 2015
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans