Mountwood School for Ghosts
Written by Toby Ibbotson
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Best-loved author Eva Ibbotson had a gift for making magical worlds both come alive and be wonderfully credible. Her hand guides this delightful story of a top-secret school for ghosts where anything and everything unusual can – and does - take place. Despairing at the very low standard of modern day ghosts, the Great Hagges, Fredegonda, Goneril and Drusilla, set up the school to raise standards of haunting. Can they inject some backbone and style into their charges? And can they manage the problems of their two human pupils, Daniel and Charlotte as well? Mountwood School is a riotous place which is making haunting a very serious business! ~ Julia Eccleshare
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Jasmine Harris-Hart, age 12 - 'It is a funny and exciting story. It is written in three parts and I liked the layout of the book. I really enjoyed reading this book and I read it to my dog!' Read full review >
- Lola Thurston-Mathews, age 8 - 'This was an awesome book. It was very descriptive and I found it funny, exciting and gruesome! I would recommend it to anyone who likes ghost stories though maybe for a slightly older reader.' Read full review >
- Rachel Ilsley, age 10 - 'This book was very funny and I couldn’t put it down. This is a cleverly thought up story which I thoroughly enjoyed.' Read full review >
- Daisy Pritchard-Williams, age 10 - 'I really liked Mountwood School for Ghosts because it was funny, a bit scary and adventurous.' Read full review >
- Lucas, age 9 - 'An excellent book! I would highly recommend this book to people who like warlock and phantom stories.' Read full review >
- Leoni Williams age 9 - 'Well I did enjoy this book a little bit but mum says maybe bit was a bit old for me because I got lost alot.' Read full review >
- Daniel Aconley, age 11 - 'A very descriptive story showing a different side to ghosts.' Read full review >
- Brodie Greenslade, age 8 - 'A story of ghosts and humans working together to save their homes. Slow paced but funny in parts.' Read full review >
- Sophie Bridges, age 11 - 'I think this book is very suitable for my age and I think other children reading this book will really enjoy it and the adventures are good and there are some good ideas.' Read full review >
Mountwood School for Ghosts by Toby Ibbotson
Fredegonda, Goneril, and Drusilla are Great Hagges, much more important and much rarer than regular old hags. They think that ghosts these days are decidedly lacking and that people haven't been scared of ghosts for years. So one day they decide that something needs to change - it's time for these ghosts to learn a thing or two about being scary. And what better way to teach them than to set up their very own school for ghosts?
Mountwood School for Ghosts is a funny ghost story from Toby Ibbotson, son of award-winning author Eva Ibbotson, based on an idea conceived by Eva Ibbotson, with a cover by Alex T. Smith. Now in paperback.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Toby Ibbotson
Macmillan Children's Books an imprint of Pan Macmillan
10th September 2015
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi