More of Me
Written by Kathryn Evans
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
February 2016 Debut of the Month We all live with our past selves – and it can be pretty uncomfortable – but Teva does so literally: once a year Teva splits into two, the new version goes out into the world, the old on remains stuck at home with her younger selves. It’s a clever, disturbing idea that vividly demonstrates the process of growing up: fifteen year old Teva loves her boyfriend Ollie, sixteen year old Teva has definitely outgrown him. Of all of us, teenagers are surely the most enthralled by ideas of self and self-determination and this creepy, unusual novel will have them glued to the pages.
Teens love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews here.
- Charlotte Crisp, age 15 - 'An interesting idea that has made a great book.'
- Jessica Anderson, age 13 - 'A superb, fast paced read with a completely unique concept. This book should be read in one sitting!'
- Chloe Shortall, age 19 - 'I really enjoyed this book. The storyline was unique and fascinating. The surprise plot twist at the end was brilliant. I would recommend this book to teen readers.'
- Jodi Coffman, age 14 - 'I couldn’t put this book down as the plot was so interesting and unexpected. I recommend this book to anyone who wants an original and gripping book to read.'
- Emma Hughes - 'This book is certainly an exciting new take on the coming of age story. I enjoyed its unusual plot, and will be looking out for more books from the author.'
- Charnell Vevers - 'It was fascinating to read and I devoured it in one sitting because I couldn't escape the story, I needed to know what was happening.'
- Laura, age 17 - 'A really intriguing book with a great story.'
- Sophia - 'This book was brilliant! Blew me away... So much had gone into it I literally could not stop reading! Thank you!'
- Brodie, age 13 - 'This book was absolutely impeccable. Evans really out did herself, from the interesting plot to the individual details, everything is pieced together to make an absolutely fabulous book.'
- Lucie Harrison - 'I absolutely loved More of Me! It was so unique...with an unpredictable plot which had me hooked all the way through.'
- Humaira Kauser, age 17 - 'Original, Enthralling and hard to put down.'
- Amelia Corrick-Gough, age 14 - 'This book is one of my favourites. What if I was Teva? What would it be like to have no future, to never see my friends again? I bonded with them like no others because of their poor quality of life...I won't forget this book anytime soon!'
- Jenny Duffy - 'A strange and startling read, More of Me gets under the reader’s skin.'
More of Me by Kathryn Evans
Teva seems normal. But at home she hides an impossible secret: 11 other Tevas. Because once a year, Teva splits into two, leaving a younger version of herself stuck at the same age, forced to watch the new Teva taking over her life. But at 16, Teva's had enough. She's going to fight for her future - even if that means fighting herself. Imagine all your friends growing up, moving on, and you being stuck in one year of your life...More of Me is an incredible, unforgettable story of identity, friendship, love and sacrifice.
More of Me is Kathryn Evans first novel, and was partly inspired by her childhood: “Sadly, my mother died when I was very small and for a lot of the time I wasn’t very happy. I have a strange perspective looking back on my child self. I view her with pity, but that unhappy child doesn’t feel like me. She feels like someone else. I think a lot of people do this, maybe on a smaller scale – do you ever get a feeling of gratitude to yourself for having done something the day before that you now don’t have to…or irritated with your yesterday-self for not doing something you now have to catch up with? Those feelings, combined with understanding anxiety issues a lot of young people have as they’re growing up, were the spark that Teva grew from.”
"Trust me, you are going to LOVE THIS BOOK! It is like nothing I've ever read!" Serendipity Reviews
“Weird, wonderful and utterly fabulous” – Teri Terry
"An attention-grabbing début from Kathryn Evans, which kept me surprised right up to the end." - Mary Hoffman, author of the Stravaganza series
“A tense, thought provoking thriller about the (quite literal) pain of growing up. What is really wrong with Teva? I couldn't put this novel down!” Bryony Pearce, author of Phoenix Rising
“A super-smart, standout read that takes a pinch of sci-fi, a dash of romance and a hefty dose of tension and mixes them up in a contemporary test-tube.” – Tamsyn Murray, author of My So-Called Afterlife and Completely Cassidy
About the Author
More books by Kathryn Evans
Usborne Publishing Ltd
1st February 2016
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi