This edition of this book has not yet been published
It's due on 2017-04-06. If you can't wait until then, why not choose another format from the 'Other Formats' box on the right.
The Giant Jumperee
Written by Julia Donaldson
Illustrated by Helen Oxenbury
Lovereading4kids Price £10.39
£12.99 saving £2.60 (20%)
As soon as this book is published we will send you an email.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
April 2017 MEGA Book of the Month | A Julia Eccleshare Pick of the Month April 2017 | A new read-aloud classic from internationally bestselling author Julia Donaldson, beautifully brought to life by award-winning illustrator Helen Oxenbury.
Julia Eccleshare's Picks of the Month for April 2017
The Giant Jumperee by Julia Donaldson and illustrated by Helen Oxenbury
Grandapa Green by Lane Smith
I'm Going to Eat This Ant by Chris Naylor-Ballesteros
Lots: The Diversity of Life on Earth by Nicola Davies
Mrs Mole, I'm Home! by Jarvis
Silver by Walter de la Mare
Lovereading Review to follow.
Young children love to read and share books so in addition to the review by one of the Lovereading4kids editorial experts some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel members were also lucky enough to read and review this title. Click here to read their full reviews.
- Priya Dhoot, age 3 - 'This latest book of Julia Donaldson does not disappoint. The illustrations are first class, anything Helen Oxenbury pens is awesome.'
- Abigail Collings, age 4 - 'I liked this book - we all kept on saying "I'm the Giant Jumperee and I'm as scary as can be!'
- Abigail's mum - 'My girls all loved it (aged 6, 4 and 2) and it had great repeatability in our house!'
- Asrah Khan, age 5 - 'My new favourite book, I liked looking at the beautiful pictures and reading the rhyming word with my mummy.'
- Abidah & Amatullah Khatun, age 18 months & 6 years - 'We were expecting the Giant Jumperee to be big and scary like the Gruffalo but were pleasantly surprised!'
- Elissa Watkin, age 4 - 'Another great story from the amazing children’s author Julia Donaldson...This book is great for a bed time read and encourages young readers to have a go at reading along.'
- George Haine, age 4 - 'This is a happy book and I like the pictures.'
The Giant Jumperee by Julia Donaldson
Rabbit was hopping home one day when he heard a loud voice coming from inside his burrow. I'M THE GIANT JUMPEREE AND I'M SCARY AS CAN BE!
When Rabbit's friends Cat, Bear and Elephant come to help they are each scared away in turn by the mysterious voice. He can squash you like a flee He will sting you like a bee And he's taller than a tree! But who is the Giant Jumperee?
About the Author
Interest Age: From 3
More books by Julia Donaldson
Puffin an imprint of Penguin Books Ltd
6th April 2017
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15