Written by Darren Shan
Part of the Zom-B Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
Selected by our Editorial Experts
March 2013 Book of the Month The first book in the explosive new zombie series from the master of horror, now in paperback.
The exciting new series from the master of teen horror. Zom-B is a radical new series about a zombie apocalypse, told in the first person by one of its victims. The series combines classic Shan action with a fiendishly twisting plot and hard-hitting and thought-provoking moral questions dealing with racism, abuse of power and more. This is challenging material, which will captivate existing Shan fans and bring in many new ones. As Darren says, It's a big, sprawling, vicious tale...a grisly piece of escapism, and a barbed look at the world in which we live. Each book in the series is short, fast-paced and bloody. A high body-count is guaranteed!
Teens love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert review, some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Phoebe Allan, age 14 - 'I would recommend it to kids looking for easy reading with a monstery theme. I do, however, love the author's use of language which made the story truly believable from the main character's point of view.' Read full review >
- Imogen Fisher, age 14 - 'Zom-B is a very well written book. I like how Darren Shan creates tension, and excitement, and also makes the audience feel engaged, and part of the story.' Read full review >
- Jake Brown, age 13 - 'Shan tackles taboo subjects like racism and domestic situations warts and all and is not afraid to do so...The first in a great new series. Read if you dare.' Read full review >
- Jennifer Bridgeman - 'Zom-B was scary but amazing at the same time. It was really scary because the zombies could crack your skull open with there long fingers. I loved it.' Read full review >
- Janet Gilliard - 'My son would recommend it...definitely a young adult novel!' Read full review >
Zom-B by Darren Shan
Can you love a bullying racist thug if he's your father? How do you react when confronted with your darkest inner demons? What do you do when zombies attack? B Smith is about to find out...
The books in the Zom-B series -
3. Zom-B City
4. Zom-B Angels
5. Zom-B Baby
8. Zom-B Clans
9. Zom-B Family
10. Zom-B Bride
11. Zom-B Fugitive
12. Zom-B Goddess
About the Author
Interest Age: From 12
More books by Darren Shan
Author's Facebook Latest
Simon & Schuster Childrens Books an imprint of Simon & Schuster Ltd
14th March 2013
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11