Hubble Bubble: The Glorious Granny Bake Off
Written by Tracey Corderoy
Illustrated by Joe Berger
Part of the Hubble Bubble Series Series
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Having a witch for a granny can cause problems as Pandora knows all too well! Visiting her granny one day, Pandora finds her busy making fairy cakes – and needing a lot of magic to help her. But Pandora has promised not to do magic anymore after some previously troublesome incidents. Instead, she’s got to try to keep her granny out of trouble! Three great stories in one beautifully illustrated volume for children reading independently.
Kirsty Stansfield, Nosy Crow Children's Fiction says “All grannies are great, but one who can do spells, take you on their broomstick and make things invisible? She is a truly glorious granny!”
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert review, some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Stephanie Chaplin, age 9 - 'I enjoyed this book because I thought it was funny and it has three exciting adventures and I love adventures.' Read full review >
- Toby Goodall, age 8 - 'The stories are really good and very funny and even though the cover is a bit girly, I really enjoyed reading these stories with my Mum.' Read full review >
- Atunrola Makoyawo, age 7 - 'My favourite character is Pandora because she is friendly, smart, caring, funny, silly and helpful.' Read full review >
- Daniel Bisland, age 6 - 'If you like funny books, naughty Grannies and a bit of magic, then read this book! I give it 100/100.' Read full review >
- Lauren Randall, age 5 - 'Awesome book with fascinating pictures.' Read full review >
- Isabelle Preston, age 8 - 'This is such a funny and great book about a witch and a bake off. You'll love it - it has great pictures and a funny story.' Read full review >
- Noah Scott-Sentance, age 6 - 'This book is really good...I would love to read some more of this writer's books. It made me laugh.' Read full review >
- Thomas Davies, age 7 - 'a clever and hilarious collection of stories. The magical Granny is back and causing a lot of trouble especially in a baking competition.' Read full review >
- Evie Young, age 8 - 'A really good book, funny and easy to read.' Read full review >
- Ophelia Grace Robinson- Beesley, age 7 - 'This was the funniest story I have ever read in my whole life probably...I loved it so much I could of burst (but I did not because I would not be writing this review!)' Read full review >
- Emma Moroney, age 7 - 'I loved this book, I loved that there were three stories. Each story tells you about naughty granny, she is mischievous and naughty, and gets Pandora into allsorts of capers.' Read full review >
- Isaac East, age 7 - 'This is a really funny book which makes you laugh out loud...I would tell children who like books about magic and mischievousness to read this book NOW!!!' Read full review >
- Evie Aconley, age 7 - 'I loved this book, it is very funny and has very colourful illustrations. I can not wait for more stories about Pandora and her Granny.' Read full review >
- Olivia Faulkner, age 7 - 'I loved this book, all three stories were good fun but The Glorious Granny Bake Off was my favourite. I like to cook and wish I could use some spells like Pandora's Granny!' Read full review >
- Etienne Pearse, aged 8 - 'I thought the book was really funny and I liked all three stories.' Read full review >
- Bethany Urquhart, age 7 - 'If I was giving this book stars out of 5, I would give it at least 4! Nearly every page has illustrations. It makes the book brighter and easier to understand.' Read full review >
- Tilly Greenacre, age 7 - 'It is very funny, I think all children would enjoy it.' Read full review >
Win a Limited Edition copy of The Smartest Giant in Town!
The Smartest Giant in Town, a modern classic by the uber-talented team of Julia Donaldson and Axel Sheffler, is celebrating its 15th Anniversary.
To mark this occasion we will be giving away FIVE copies of this limited edition storybook. To have a chance of winning one of these great prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 6 February 2017. The winners will be notified by 20 February 2017.
Hubble Bubble: The Glorious Granny Bake Off by Tracey Corderoy
Pandora's granny is (whisper it) a witch! She causes magical mayhem wherever she goes. In these stories, she brings comic chaos to a televised bake-off, delightful disaster to a school fair and tons of trouble to a stately home! But she puts everything right in the end, with a bit of help from Pandora. Everyone loves Granny, especially her long-suffering granddaughter! Oh, goody! Tilda chuckled. Food-fight time! Did someone say food-fight? Granny beamed. Splendid! cried Gwendolyn. There was nothing like a jolly fine food-fight! All three grannies whipped out their wands. Then together they uttered the food-fight spell - Splatttiocious! The magical food-fight began at once. Pandora dived for cover as (take a deep breath) eggs-and-flour-and-sugar-and-lemons-and-carrots-and-lopsided-cakes-and-butter-and-milk-and-dribbles-of-sloppy-wet-meringue went flying through the air!
About the Author
Interest Age: From 6
More books by Tracey Corderoy
Nosy Crow Ltd
3rd October 2013
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family