Written by Kate Willis-Crowly
Part of the Queen Sardine Series
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
May 2014 Debut of the Month A brilliantly quirky and humourous story with illustrations throughout. What's more surprising than finding a cat in your bath...? Finding a talking cat in your bath, particularly when your mum won't let you have a pet! Queen Sardine is a feline with serious Cattitude, but she has a problem. Can 8-year old Ivy help her fight a fang-knashing, rip-snarling, grizzle-bristling, belly-burping, stink-stonking, slobbersome monster without her mum getting wind of her plan? Perfect reading for those moving on to reading full novels.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Toby Pickering, age 7 - 'I would recommend this book to friends and family as I found it exciting and funny.' Read full review >
- Sabina Beinart-Smith, age 6 - 'I really like this book because it is funny, especially when baby Sprout goes over to fight the baby puppy though he is too small! And the pictures are funny as well.' Read full review >
- Gabrielle Whelan, age 10 - 'I enjoyed this book very much! Queen Sardine is a very demanding, sweet, little cat but other than that she is lovely.' Read full review >
- Ella Meredith, age 7 - 'I really enjoyed this book, and would give it 5 stars.' Read full review >
- Holly Honeyman, age 8 - 'Fantastic book, I loved reading this laugh-out-loud story of feline fun.' Read full review >
- Erica Motoc, age 7 - 'a very funny book.' Read full review >
- Brodie Greenslade, age 8 - 'An exciting story of talking cats and a little girl. I seriously recommend this book to all children who like cats and funny stories.' Read full review >
- Daniel Harrison, age 7 - 'It was really funny. I liked the cat called Sprout most...I would really like to read another book by the same author especially if it was about dogs this time.' Read full review >
- Lucy Gallacher, age 7 - 'I thought this book was super duper. I liked the part when Fabian made fun of Ivy when she was talking to the cats. It had lots of funny parts in it and made me laugh.' Read full review >
- Natalie Hunter, age 12 - 'It was full of fun and surprises and is perfect for readers who like animal stories especially cats.' Read full review >
- Edgar John Perez, age 6 - 'I liked the part when Ivy and Queen Sardine talked about doing number one and two out of the bathroom window.' Read full review >
- Jessica Cobbin, aged 7 - 'I wish I had a cat like Queen Sardine. There are a lot of really cute pictures of cats in this book.' Read full review >
- Jemima Foyster, age 6 - 'Queen Sardine is about a cat who needs help from Ivy...I would recommend this book to people who like stories about cats.' Read full review >
- Lucy Keaveny, age 8 - 'If you like books about animals especially cats this is a great book. Hopefully the first of many about Queen Sardine, the slightly stuck up cat!' Read full review >
Queen Sardine by Kate Willis-Crowly
Eight-year old Ivy isn’t allowed a pet, so she gets the shock of her life when a strange cat splash-lands in her bath. The shocks get bigger when Ivy discovers that the cat can talk and likes to be called Queen Sardine!
Queen Sardine tells Ivy that she needs help – there’s a monster living in her home and she’s scared to go back. Ivy loves cats, but helping Queen Sardine comes with its own problems. Not only does Ivy have to keep the cat a secret from her mum, she soon realises Queen Sardine is one demanding feline.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 5
More books by Kate Willis-Crowly
Author's Facebook Latest
1st May 2014
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15