Written by Fleur Hitchcock
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
when in stock
As soon as this book is back in stock we will send you an email.Compare book price We'd love you to buy your books from Lovereading - especially if we helped you to choose them! But as our mantra is guidance, and that includes guidance on price, please do use our 'Compare Book Price' service to discover if the best value deal is from Lovereading or another specialist bookstore.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
July 2014 Book of the Month An utterly absorbing, hilarious, mysterious and brilliantly told new novel, that will make you both laugh and cry, from the author of Dear Scarlett. Lottie, who yearns for adventure but never gets it and mischievous Sophia who regularly makes her own adventures meet up at a holiday camp. It's not long before Sophia has 'kidnapped' Lottie into running away to search for her mother and in so doing Lottie ends up having much more of an adventure than she bargained for. Perfect for fans of Eva Ibbotson and Jenny Valentine.
A Piece of Passion from Kirsty, Editor, Nosy Crow “This is a great book. It’s so beautifully written, it pulls you in and refuses to let go. Perfect for everyone who likes a quirky adventure that makes you laugh and cry in equal measure.”
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Isabel Cox, age 10 - 'I liked this book because they go through lots of adventures. Also at the end of every chapter there is a cliff hanger and you just want to read on!' Read full review >
- Amie Coffman, age 9 - 'This is a thrilling, humbling read and I highly recommend it.' Read full review >
- Sophie Bridges, age 11 - 'The reason I enjoyed this book so much is because I love adventures and exiting things like that.' Read full review >
- Sean Keaveny, age 11 - 'A great adventure story about a girl looking for adventure who learns to love her strange family.' Read full review >
- Emily Passmore, age 13 - 'A story for literally anyone, Saving Sophia is perfect for anyone who reads adventure usually or otherwise.' Read full review >
- Morgan Steigmann Age 15 - 'Bringing a brand new twist to the classic adventure story through the unique characters of Lottie and Sophia, Hitchcock delivers the perfect balance of action alongside friendship and mystery.' Read full review >
- Sidney Greenslade, age 10 - 'Saving Sophia is a fantastic, fast paced story of friendship, adventure and danger with plenty of laughs. Highly recommended!' Read full review >
- Isabel Kardos-Stowe, age 10 - 'I think this book is suitable for all junior school children. A lovely story of friendship and courage. This really demonstrates that a promise is a promise. Lottie keeps hers. A great read!' Read full review >
- Lucy Minton, age 10 - 'Fleur Hitchcock is a brilliant author whose plots and characters engage me all the time...Overall a great book.' Read full review >
- Heather Greenan, age 10 - 'Saving Sophia is a believable book that is set in modern times.' Read full review >
- Alice East, age 9 - 'I thought that this was a brilliant book. It tells the story of two clever children escaping from a Summer Camp.' Read full review >
- Lola Frary, age 10 - 'A truly amazing story which makes you giggle and weep. I would definitely recommend this book to adventure lovers.' Read full review >
- Cara Hayward-Anderson, age 9 - 'Sophia and Lottie are really good characters! The book is interesting. And it is REALLY REALLY GOOD!' Read full review >
Win an original print from The Pavee and the Buffer Girl
Siobhan Dowd's powerful story of the fight against racism and prejudice, The Pavee and the Buffer Girl, has been reissued as a splendid graphic novel with stunning illustrations by Emma Shoard. We are giving away an ORIGINAL print from the book (shown here) and a copy SIGNED by Emma.
To have a chance of winning this special prize, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 3 May 2017. The winners will be notified by 15 May 2017.
Saving Sophia by Fleur Hitchcock
All Lottie wants to do is have adventures, but no such luck. Until she meets Sophia, a girl with an excitingly mysterious history. When the two run away from a staged kayak accident to find Sophia's mum, Lottie learns a lot about having adventures (they're mostly brilliant but not the bits where you nearly die) and friendship and the truth.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Fleur Hitchcock
Author's Facebook Latest
Nosy Crow Ltd
3rd July 2014
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East