Our names are Alexander (11) and Daniel (9) and we are the 'Book Brothers'. We have been reviewing books for Lovereading4kids since 2013. The first books we were lucky enough to review were Dear Scarlett (Alexander) and The Dark (Daniel). Click here to visit our website for our full reviews of Dear Scarlett & The Dark.
Our Mum found the website by chance, while she was looking for books for us because we were costing her a fortune! Our Mum signed us up to the review panel because she knew it would not cost her any money and it would improve our reading and writing skills. And it certainly did both!
Since signing up to Lovereading4kids review panel, we have got lots of our friends interested in the books we have reviewed and we have shared our reviews with our classmates and teachers!
How it works:
- Lovereading4kids email you a list of books that are available,
- You pick the book or books from the list that you would like to read and you email them back with your choices,
- When you email them back, if they still have enough copies of the book or books, Lovereading4kids will email you to say that the publisher will send you them directly,
- All you have to do is read & review the book,
- You can upload your review to the Lovereading4kids website or you can email it to them – all the information on this can be found on the information sheet you receive with the book.
Tips on choosing books:
- Read the blurb which is written in the email under the book to make sure you like the genre.
- Look for authors that you have heard of or that other people have recommended.
- However, don’t be put off if you see a book by a new author, as you never know it might become your favourite book!
- Make sure you check the age range for the book.
- Don’t worry if you don’t like the book, you can write in your review that the book wasn’t for you. You don’t have to like every single book that is sent to you and Lovereading4kids won’t mind if you don’t finish a particular book.
Extra exciting stuff:
Thanks to Lovereading4kids we have had many opportunities, such as:
- Meeting one of our favourite authors, Michael Morpurgo;
- Having afternoon tea with another of our favourite authors, Tom Palmer.
This is the best thing we have ever done!
- Attending the Timmy Failure preview and premiere giving feedback before it debuted at the Edinburg Fringe;
Alexander and Daniel