Young Sherlock Holmes 4: Fire Storm
Written by Andrew Lane
Part of the Young Sherlock Holmes Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
The world's most famous detective. The most brilliant mind in fiction. But before he became the great detective, who was young Sherlock Holmes? The fourth book in a series of mystery adventures featuring a teenage Sherlock and endorsed by the Conan Doyle Estate, now with a new cover look.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert review, some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the first title in this series, Death Cloud. You can read their reviews below.
- Louis Desforges, age 13 - 'Interesting and exciting read which is a great introduction to the Young Sherlock Holmes series. I would recommend it to readers who enjoy action and adventure stories.' Read full review
- Liam, age 12 - 'This book was very well written by a very good author who I was interested in. When I had finished reading it, I instantly needed to read the next book in the series.' Read full review
- James Harrison, age 11 - 'I really hope a whole lot more of Young Sherlock books come out, so, all-in-all I say: 'Go Young Sherlock'!' Read full review >
- Benjy Randall, age 10 - 'A great all round adventure book, with lots of action. Will keep any young reader full entertained.' Read full review >
- Daisy Grundy, yr 7 - 'The book was set with mysteries which would all come together at an exciting climax which the ideas and questions would click together.' Read full review >
- Phoebe Allan, age 14 - 'This is a clever book that is full of suspense...His fearless journey is full of action and does not fail to amaze me in a way that only the incredible creation that is Sherlock Holmes can.' Read full review >
- Mukunth Kowsik, age 12 - 'This book is so good that you simply will not put it down. It is Sherlock Holmes made more easier to understand and to be enjoyed by teenagers.' Read full review >
- Elenie Williams, age 11 - 'Young Sherlock; Death Cloud is a gripping adventure story that is so tense it will make you not want to put it down. Why wouldn't you pick it up?' Read full review >
- Jenny Bridgeman, age 9 - 'Cracking thriller that re-introduces a classic character to a modern day audience!' Read full review >
- Ella Hollingshead, age 13 - 'Suspense, mystery, criminals, detectives- this book is packed full of such excitement. Set in an English town, Young Sherlock looks set to be an exciting series, I can't wait to read the next book!' Read full review >
- Jemma Rubens, age 10 - 'This book is the first in a six part series about young Sherlock Holmes. He is accompanied throughout by his tutor, his urchin friend and the tutor's daughter.' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'a thrilling mystery, perfect for anyone who likes solving crimes...A great introduction to the worlds most famous detective.' Read full review >
- Rose Heathcote, age 15 - 'A real page turning fast-paced adventure story with plenty of action scenes and interesting characters. A must read for older teenagers who can keep up with a more complex story-line.' Read full review >
- Josh Hall, age 14 - 'Great plot...a book you will want to read again.' Read full review >
- Danielle Wild, age 12 of Thomas Cowley School - I really enjoyed this book as I like books that are interesting and exciting not just a basic story line.' Read full review >
- Callum Broomfield, age 9 - 'I would recommend buying this book, it is fast paced, in particular towards the end and is packed with vivid descriptions.' Read full review >
Young Sherlock Holmes 4: Fire Storm by Andrew Lane
Teenage Sherlock has come up against some challenges in his time, but what confronts him now is baffling. His friend and her father have vanished. Their house looks as if nobody has ever lived in it. Sherlock begins to doubt his sanity, until a clever clue points him to Scotland. Following that clue leads him into a mystery that involves kidnapping, bodysnatchers and a man who claims he can raise the dead. Before he knows it, Sherlock is fighting for his life as he begins to work out what has happened to his friends. Will he be fast enough to save them? Sherlock Holmes. Think you know him? Think again.
Click here to visit the official Young Sherlock website.
Praise for Young Sherlock Holmes: Death Cloud:
‘Rich in detail, it has tasters of Holmes’s deductive genius … a rewarding adventure’ - Sunday Times
Praise for Young Sherlock Holmes: Red Leech:
‘… an intelligent and desperately exciting read.’ - The District Messenger
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Andrew Lane
Author's Facebook Latest
Macmillan Children's Books an imprint of Pan Macmillan
19th June 2014
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7