Young Sherlock Holmes 6: Knife Edge
Written by Andrew Lane
Part of the Young Sherlock Holmes Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
The world's most famous detective. The most brilliant mind in fiction. But before he became the great detective, who was young Sherlock Holmes? The sixth book in a series of mystery adventures featuring a teenage Sherlock and endorsed by the Conan Doyle Estate.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert review, some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the first title in this series, Death Cloud. You can read their reviews below.
- Louis Desforges, age 13 - 'Interesting and exciting read which is a great introduction to the Young Sherlock Holmes series. I would recommend it to readers who enjoy action and adventure stories.' Read full review
- Liam, age 12 - 'This book was very well written by a very good author who I was interested in. When I had finished reading it, I instantly needed to read the next book in the series.' Read full review
- James Harrison, age 11 - 'I really hope a whole lot more of Young Sherlock books come out, so, all-in-all I say: 'Go Young Sherlock'!' Read full review >
- Benjy Randall, age 10 - 'A great all round adventure book, with lots of action. Will keep any young reader full entertained.' Read full review >
- Daisy Grundy, yr 7 - 'The book was set with mysteries which would all come together at an exciting climax which the ideas and questions would click together.' Read full review >
- Phoebe Allan, age 14 - 'This is a clever book that is full of suspense...His fearless journey is full of action and does not fail to amaze me in a way that only the incredible creation that is Sherlock Holmes can.' Read full review >
- Mukunth Kowsik, age 12 - 'This book is so good that you simply will not put it down. It is Sherlock Holmes made more easier to understand and to be enjoyed by teenagers.' Read full review >
- Elenie Williams, age 11 - 'Young Sherlock; Death Cloud is a gripping adventure story that is so tense it will make you not want to put it down. Why wouldn't you pick it up?' Read full review >
- Jenny Bridgeman, age 9 - 'Cracking thriller that re-introduces a classic character to a modern day audience!' Read full review >
- Ella Hollingshead, age 13 - 'Suspense, mystery, criminals, detectives- this book is packed full of such excitement. Set in an English town, Young Sherlock looks set to be an exciting series, I can't wait to read the next book!' Read full review >
- Jemma Rubens, age 10 - 'This book is the first in a six part series about young Sherlock Holmes. He is accompanied throughout by his tutor, his urchin friend and the tutor's daughter.' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'a thrilling mystery, perfect for anyone who likes solving crimes...A great introduction to the worlds most famous detective.' Read full review >
- Rose Heathcote, age 15 - 'A real page turning fast-paced adventure story with plenty of action scenes and interesting characters. A must read for older teenagers who can keep up with a more complex story-line.' Read full review >
- Josh Hall, age 14 - 'Great plot...a book you will want to read again.' Read full review >
- Danielle Wild, age 12 of Thomas Cowley School - I really enjoyed this book as I like books that are interesting and exciting not just a basic story line.' Read full review >
- Callum Broomfield, age 9 - 'I would recommend buying this book, it is fast paced, in particular towards the end and is packed with vivid descriptions.' Read full review >
Young Sherlock Holmes 6: Knife Edge by Andrew Lane
Something sinister is afoot in the house in the west of Ireland in which Sherlock is staying. There are frightened whisperings among the servants and the house's owners are clearly scared. But who - or what? - has terrified them so much that nobody will speak out? Young Sherlock must bring all his powers of deduction to unravelling his greatest mystery yet.
Another fast-paced, brilliantly plotted adventure as teenage Sherlock investigates a new crime and comes up against a fresh crop of sinister, clever criminals.
Click here to visit the official Young Sherlock website.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Andrew Lane
Author's Facebook Latest
Macmillan Children's Books an imprint of Pan Macmillan
19th June 2014
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14