Wolf Notes and Other Musical Mishaps
Written by Lari Don
Part of the Kelpies: Fabled Beasts Chronicles Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Another exciting adventurous read, jammed full of fabled beasts and some pretty perilous moments. This is the second in the Fabled Beast Chronicles, it would be best to read First Aid for Fairies first, to learn how Helen meets and becomes friends with creatures of legend and fairy tales. True faeries (note the spelling, it’s important) are attempting to return and take over the woodland of the wolf people. Faeries can deceive, faeries can be vicious, faeries can ensnare you! Although the courageous main character is a girl, there are plenty of boys (they just aren't human) who get in on the action too, so this really is a series for everyone. ~ Liz Robinson
Some of our readers were lucky enough to review the first of the Fabled Beast Chronicles, First Aid for Fairies and Other Fabled Beasts....here's a taster of what they thought...'A great fantasy story full of mythical creatures and legends. This is book one of four and I can't wait to read the other three books.' and 'Wonderful story for children, a gripping fairytale that will keep you reading past your bedtime.'
Read more reviews here!
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the first title in the series First Aid For Fairies and Other Fabled Beasts. You can read their reviews below.
- Jessica Cobbin, age 7 - 'This is an exciting story with lots of things happening, and it's the sort of story that you want to stay up late to keep reading...It's as good as Harry Potter!.' Read full review >
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 9 - 'A great fantasy story full of mythical creatures and legends. This is book one of four and I can't wait to read the other three books.' Read full review >
- Cait Galbraith, age 8 - 'Wonderful story for children, a gripping fairytale that will keep you reading past your bedtime.' Read full review >
- Abraham Fisher, age 11 - 'First Aid for Fairies and Other Fabled Beasts is a good adventure book full of mystical animals, it is well written and has a good plot.' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'A magical, funny, exciting adventure set in Scotland. Brilliant!' Read full review >
- Elspeth, age 10 - 'I really enjoyed First Aid for Fairies and I would give it a 5/5, this book would be good for people who don't believe in the Tooth Fairy or Santa because it would encourage them to believe more.' Read full review >
- Declan Simspon, age 7 - 'First Aid for Fairies is an exciting book and I have liked reading it!' Read full review >
- Cora Willans, age 8 - 'a brilliant exciting story, about the adventures of lots of mythical creatures...I couldn’t wait to read it all, and I am really looking forward to the next books in the series.' Read full review >
- Rosie Watch - 'The descriptions and mystery were definitely enhanced by the beautiful chapter headings and the size of the print was perfect for many of my year 5 readers. I think our school will definitely be ordering the rest of the set.'Read full review >
Wolf Notes and Other Musical Mishaps by Lari Don
As Helen practises her violin for a special Midsummer's Eve concert, her friends, the fabled beasts, prepare to go to war. Helen soon joins their perilous quest against the evil Faery Queen. She battles with brownies, wrangles with wolves and tries to trick faeries. But will it be enough to help her friends and save herself? Second book in the bestselling Fabled Beast Chronicles, an exciting four-book adventure series starring creatures from myth and legend.
Katy Lockwood-Holmes, Publisher at Floris Books, said: “Fabled Beast Chronicles is one of Floris Books’ most successful children’s fiction brands. Helen and Yann the centaur’s epic quests have thousands of fans throughout Britain and we’re delighted to bring Lari to a whole new generation of readers.”
'Teenagers will enjoy this one.' --The Greenock Telegraph
One of the Top 10 Summer Reads for 2010 --Evening Times
'The plot is pacey, the action scenes are tense and skilfully written, and the tone of the story is an effective blend of brooding threat and warm camaraderie.' Darren Cult, Write Away
About the Author
Interest Age: From 8
More books by Lari Don
Author's Facebook Latest
Kelpies an imprint of Floris Books
18th September 2014
Kelpies an imprint of Floris Books is an imprint of Kelpies
Floris Books celebrate quality children’s books with brilliant authors, engaging stories and a Scottish twist! They create books that capture children’s imaginations at all ages. Under 6s will have loads of fun with Picture Kelpies picture books, 9 to 12-year-olds will be whisked away by Kelpies and young teens will be gripped by KelpiesTeen novels.
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15