Marsh Road Mysteries: Diamonds and Daggers
Written by Elen Caldecott
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
With a great theatre background, this is a gripping adventure of a lost diamond necklace, a false accusation and a desperate race to find out the truth. Piotr’s dad is on security duty at the theatre when the great Hollywood actress Betty Massimo’s diamond necklace goes missing. Although there is no evidence against him, he is so distraught at being thought a suspect that he threatens to take the whole family back to Poland. Piotr is horrified; England is his home! And so are his friends, Minnie and Andrew. Together with twins Flora and Sylvie, the gang set out to prove who really took the diamonds. Can they catch the thief even in the middle of a show?
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Heather Greenan, age 11 - 'an excellent book full of crime, excitement and mystery.' Read full review >
- Holly Wilkins, age 10 - 'Interesting, intriguing, funny. It uses suspense to pull you in. BEST BOOK EVER.' Read full review >
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 9 - 'Move over Famous Five, there are five new investigators on the block. I hope there are lots more of these stories as I really enjoyed it. This book would be great for boys and girls.' Read full review >
- Freegrounds Junior School, Year 5 Class, age 10 - 'Absolutely loved this book! It was really exciting and fun to read and the characters were easy to like. We didn't guess who the culprit was right until the very end.' Read full review >
- Olivia Bannister, age 10 - 'I think this book is very good because it has lots of expression but I also think the start of the story was a bit confusing.' Read full review >
- Kelis Spencer, age 10 - 'I love the title it makes you want to find out what's in store. It makes you feel exited and curious about the story.' Read full review >
- Jorge Alexander Kearsey, age 7 - 'An entertaining book with lots of mystery, keeps you guessing until the end.' Read full review >
- Cajsa Jonsson, age 9 - 'A fun and thrilling story. I have loved reading it and couldn't put it down! I give this book a rating of 8 out of 10. I think many people will love this book.' Read full review >
- Billy Carlton, age 9 - 'I enjoyed this book because it is long with short chapters...I think that if you like Scooby-Doo you will like Diamonds and Daggers. Read full review >
- Kieran Mallory, age 11 - 'It is a page-turner, you can’t put it down you, it is a have-to-finish-it-book that hooks you into the story. I highly recommend this book to all to read so, go on, read this FANTASTIC book!' Read full review >
- Gaia McNaughton, age 8 - 'Diamonds and Daggers is a mystery book full of investigators, diamond necklaces and theatre! I would recommend this book to anybody who likes reading investigator books.' Read full review >
Marsh Road Mysteries: Diamonds and Daggers by Elen Caldecott
The first in a fantastic new series filled with friendship, adventure and mystery! Perfect for fans of Lauren St John, this is the new mystery adventure series by Waterstones Book Prize shortlisted author Elen Caldecott.
Meet Piotr, Minnie, Andrew, Flora and Sylvia - true friends and even better mystery-solvers! Hollywood sensation, Betty Massino, has come to star in the theatre down the road and Piotr and his friends Andrew and Minnie couldn't be more excited! But when the famous actress's hugely expensive diamond necklace goes missing, Piotr's dad, a security guard at the theatre, is a prime suspect. Soon, Piotr faces the very real threat of being sent 'home' to Poland. With the help of Sylvie and her twin sister Flora, can Piotr, Andrew and Minnie solve the crime or will they lose Piotr forever?
About the Author
More books by Elen Caldecott
Author's Facebook Latest
Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
5th February 2015
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High