The Lost Twin
Written by Sophie Cleverly
Part of the Scarlet and Ivy Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
March 2015 Debut of the Month When Ivy has to step into her dead sister Scarlet’s place at the sinister Rockwood boarding school’s she finds herself thrown into a mystery which she must do everything in her power to unravel. Shy and gentle Ivy has to pretend to be fearless Scarlet! Behaving so unlike herself is hard enough but Ivy also has to discover what really happened while Scarlet was at the school. With Scarlet’s diary to guide her Ivy tries to get to truth which is being fiercely protected by the evil Miss Fox. Ivy’s sleuthing leads her into some dreadful predicaments. Can Ivy beat Miss Fox and Penny, the girl whom Scarlet has warned her to avoid at all costs? ~ Andrea Reece
Ruth Alltimes, Publishing Director at HarperCollins Children’s Books, said: ‘We have been looking for something perfect for tween girl readers who like a bit of dark with their pink, and when we read Scarlet and Ivy we knew we had found it – Sophie’s writing is so fresh and compelling, and the quirky details that embellish her story throughout will delight any tween reader!’
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Ciara, age 10 - 'I loved the use of words; it was as though I was there with Ivy! The whole book was brilliant there wasn't one part I disliked. I was moved to tears at times.'
- Jennifer Bridgeman, age 9 - 'This book is full of excitement and adventure, a masterpiece!...It illustrates a picture in your mind and scares you but fills you with joy at the same time.'
- Felicity Wilcox, age 11 - 'This is a page-turning mystery adventure with many mysteries and puzzles that keep you guessing, I certainly didn’t see the end coming!'
- Lily Benner, age 9 - 'This is probably one of the best books I've ever read. It was exciting, funny, warm and mysterious.'
- Jasmine Harris-Hart, age 12 - 'I was thoroughly engrossed in this book and before I knew it, it was the end! As the ending was so unexpected it made me like this book even more.'
- Jasmine Duce, age 10 - 'This front cover is very intriguing and makes the book look good even though it’s an amazing book anyway!...I’m excited for the next series and will be the first one to buy it!'
- Sidney Greenslade, age 11 - 'Scarlet and Ivy: The Lost Twin was filled with excitement, bravery, friendship and mystery and I would definitely recommend it. A fantastic read!'
- Rosie Watch - 'This is an excellent adventure. The suspense is underway from the first line and one is immediately drawn in.'
- Evie Aconley, age 8 - 'A brilliant and exciting book...I would recommend this book to everyone who likes a good adventure book.'
- Daisy Mae Pritchard-Williams, age 10 - 'It made you feel that you actually wanted to be in it!'
- Eleesha Walker, age 9 - 'This is a very exciting book because when you read, it just makes you want to read so much more and you just get an amazing feeling. I really just loved reading it.'
- Ella Day - 'The storyline is exciting and it feels like the characters come alive.'
- Lucy Keaveny - 'An exciting mystery with lots of twists.'
The Lost Twin by Sophie Cleverly
This is the story of how I became my sister...
A spine-tingling mystery set in a creepily atmospheric boarding school. Ivy must uncover the secrets behind her twin sister Scarlet's disappearance before it's too late. When troublesome Scarlet mysteriously disappears from Rookwood School, terrifying Miss Fox invites her quiet twin sister Ivy to 'take her place'. Ivy reluctantly agrees in the hopes of finding out what happened to her missing sister. For only at Rookwood will Ivy be able to unlock the secrets of Scarlet's disappearance, through a scattered trail of diary pages carefully hidden all over the school. Can Ivy solve the mystery before Miss Fox suspects? Or before an even greater danger presents itself?
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Sophie Cleverly
Author's Facebook Latest
HarperCollins Children's Books an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers
26th February 2015
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11