The Lost Twin
Written by Sophie Cleverly
Part of the Scarlet and Ivy Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
March 2015 Debut of the Month When Ivy has to step into her dead sister Scarlet’s place at the sinister Rockwood boarding school’s she finds herself thrown into a mystery which she must do everything in her power to unravel. Shy and gentle Ivy has to pretend to be fearless Scarlet! Behaving so unlike herself is hard enough but Ivy also has to discover what really happened while Scarlet was at the school. With Scarlet’s diary to guide her Ivy tries to get to truth which is being fiercely protected by the evil Miss Fox. Ivy’s sleuthing leads her into some dreadful predicaments. Can Ivy beat Miss Fox and Penny, the girl whom Scarlet has warned her to avoid at all costs? ~ Andrea Reece
Ruth Alltimes, Publishing Director at HarperCollins Children’s Books, said: ‘We have been looking for something perfect for tween girl readers who like a bit of dark with their pink, and when we read Scarlet and Ivy we knew we had found it – Sophie’s writing is so fresh and compelling, and the quirky details that embellish her story throughout will delight any tween reader!’
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Ciara, age 10 - 'I loved the use of words; it was as though I was there with Ivy! The whole book was brilliant there wasn't one part I disliked. I was moved to tears at times.'
- Jennifer Bridgeman, age 9 - 'This book is full of excitement and adventure, a masterpiece!...It illustrates a picture in your mind and scares you but fills you with joy at the same time.'
- Felicity Wilcox, age 11 - 'This is a page-turning mystery adventure with many mysteries and puzzles that keep you guessing, I certainly didn’t see the end coming!'
- Lily Benner, age 9 - 'This is probably one of the best books I've ever read. It was exciting, funny, warm and mysterious.'
- Jasmine Harris-Hart, age 12 - 'I was thoroughly engrossed in this book and before I knew it, it was the end! As the ending was so unexpected it made me like this book even more.'
- Jasmine Duce, age 10 - 'This front cover is very intriguing and makes the book look good even though it’s an amazing book anyway!...I’m excited for the next series and will be the first one to buy it!'
- Sidney Greenslade, age 11 - 'Scarlet and Ivy: The Lost Twin was filled with excitement, bravery, friendship and mystery and I would definitely recommend it. A fantastic read!'
- Rosie Watch - 'This is an excellent adventure. The suspense is underway from the first line and one is immediately drawn in.'
- Evie Aconley, age 8 - 'A brilliant and exciting book...I would recommend this book to everyone who likes a good adventure book.'
- Daisy Mae Pritchard-Williams, age 10 - 'It made you feel that you actually wanted to be in it!'
- Eleesha Walker, age 9 - 'This is a very exciting book because when you read, it just makes you want to read so much more and you just get an amazing feeling. I really just loved reading it.'
- Ella Day - 'The storyline is exciting and it feels like the characters come alive.'
- Lucy Keaveny - 'An exciting mystery with lots of twists.'
Win a Timmy Failure Goody Bag!
Everyone's favourite best worst detective is back in Timmy Failure: The Cat Stole My Pants! To mark the publication of the sixth book in this popular series we are giving away a fantastic goody bag which includes the 6 Timmy books, a Timmy scarf, mask, bookmark, and stickers.
To have a chance of winning this super prize, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 29 May 2017. The winners will be notified by 5 June 2017.
The Lost Twin by Sophie Cleverly
This is the story of how I became my sister...
A spine-tingling mystery set in a creepily atmospheric boarding school. Ivy must uncover the secrets behind her twin sister Scarlet's disappearance before it's too late. When troublesome Scarlet mysteriously disappears from Rookwood School, terrifying Miss Fox invites her quiet twin sister Ivy to 'take her place'. Ivy reluctantly agrees in the hopes of finding out what happened to her missing sister. For only at Rookwood will Ivy be able to unlock the secrets of Scarlet's disappearance, through a scattered trail of diary pages carefully hidden all over the school. Can Ivy solve the mystery before Miss Fox suspects? Or before an even greater danger presents itself?
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Sophie Cleverly
Author's Facebook Latest
HarperCollins Children's Books an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers
26th February 2015
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi