Written by Kiki Sullivan
Part of the The Dolls Series
Lovereading4kids Price £6.39
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
March 2015 Debut of the Month This is a delicious treat of a book, the equivalent of a bar of your favourite chocolate, a guilty pleasure to be indulged every once in a while! Eveny Cheval returns to Carrefour, the small Louisiana town where she was born, just in time for her 17th birthday. Carrefour is everything we expect from the deep South – the weather is as hot as the jambalaya, the mansions are beautiful, and there’s voodoo going on in the graveyard! Eveny wonders why the Dolls, a group of super-glamorous girls, are so keen to become her friends: it has a lot to do with the magic powers she never knew she had. Throw in a gorgeous boy who mustn’t love Eveny, but just can’t help himself, and the stage is set for an irresistible paranormal romance. Connoisseurs of this genre won’t be disappointed! ~ Andrea Reece
**** Get hooked on The Dolls:
Throughout February Usborne will be releasing six FREE bitesize e-episodes taken from the book, each one accompanied by a video trailer and readers will be encouraged to get involved in #TheDolls conversation online. The first episode will be released on Sunday 1st February, with the last one out on Mardi Gras, Tuesday 17th February. thedollsbooks.tumblr.com
Teens love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Aimee Sweet - '. A little bit of romance, a little bit of magic, an action infused plot and what do you get? An amazing idea that will go far.'
- Phoebe Allan - 'an exceptional read, almost bursting with twists and turns, shocks and sighs of relief, dark magic and discovery and despair and forbidden romance. Utterly amazing and an honestly brilliant book that I can't recommend enough!'
- Danielle Shepherd, age 18 - 'This book was simply magical.'
- Edel Waugh - 'I loved this book and would recommend it to those of you who might have enjoyed ‘Beautiful Creatures’...or if you just love some great YA writing! This was awesome! Gorgeous setting!
- Destiny Maraj - 'The Dolls was a very intriguing, mysterious, dramatic novel! It was really great.'
- Pheobe - 'Dolls, I believe, has become one of my favourite books!'
- Aimee Sweet, age 13 - 'I love this book so much.'
- Izzy Read, age 14 - 'The Dolls looked at a different kind of magic that I've ever read about, Voodoo interested me with its rituals, dolls and spirits...'
- Ella Hollingshead, age 13 - 'Teen fiction, horror and fantasy are feature of 'The Dolls'. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and cannot wait to read the sequel!'
- Emily Kinder, age 14 - 'Peregrine Marceau and Chloe St. Pierre have every one under their immaculately manicured thumbs. However, Eveny soon realises that not everything is as it seems in Carrefour.'
The Dolls by Kiki Sullivan
When 17-year-old Eveny returns to the tiny Louisiana town where she was born, she discovers she is the powerful missing link in a trio of voodoo queens who have everyone under their spell. But they need her help. Because darkness is descending on Carrefour and even the Dolls' combined powers may not be enough to stop the killer in their midst.
“An entertaining mix of realism and fantasy, and a book almost impossible to put down.” – Amber of the Mile Long Bookshelf
“Super fun and interesting! Really easy and quick to read and I loved the way the story grew!” – Ben from BenjaminofTomes
“The Dolls is basically Mean Girls with magic…a whole lot of fun and I read it in two sittings.” − Sarah Churchill
About the Author
Interest Age: 14+
More books by Kiki Sullivan
Author's Facebook Latest
Usborne Publishing Ltd
1st March 2015
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High