It's About Love
Written by Steven Camden
Lovereading4kids Price £6.39
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
June 2015 Book of the Month It’s About Love is a kind of Romeo and Juliet story. Two young people, from different sides of their town and with different backgrounds, meet studying film at college, and are instantly drawn to one another. It could almost be written in the stars: he’s Luke, she’s Leia. As they work on an idea for a film, each uses the script to explain their histories to each other and themselves. Just as with Romeo and Juliet, it’s a story of violence and revenge as well as love. References to films old and new are woven throughout the story, but Luke and Leia’s story belongs to them alone. Skilfully and originally told, this tender, moving novel impresses as much as Camden’s previous novel, Tape. ~ Andrea Reece
Teens love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Humaira Kauser - 'This book is about love. But not just about the boy-meets-girl-love. From separated parents, an older brother with a past to friends from childhood and films...I was hooked on this book from start to finish and it’s the reason why I stayed up late and didn’t do any homework.'
- Destiny Maraj - 'It's About Love was an extraordinary novel...I would happily read a thousand more of Camden's books!!'
- Jodi Coffman - 'This book was really exciting and had some unexpected parts. I really recommend it.'
- Delilah Acworth - 'It’s about Love was a thrilling love story amalgamated with the harshness of reality. A book set for the bestseller list!'
- Sarah Murray, age 17 - 'This book was brilliant. I was in a reading slump for a long time and this book pulled me out of it. I highly recommend this book to everyone.'
- Emma Hollingshead, age 14 - 'A good read, fans of John Green will like this one too!
- Chloe Shortall, age 18 - 'It’s about familial love and loyalty, both to family and friends. The novel is more than a romance, it hits at issues that are very topical and real.'
- Amanda Gray, age 20 - 'This book was a real thinker for me. I knew I liked Steven Camden's work before I started it but wasn't entirely sure what to expect from this novel. I am glad it was as good as I hoped.'
It's About Love by Steven Camden
He's Luke. She's Leia. Just like in Star Wars. Just like they're made for each other. Same film studies course, different backgrounds, different ends of town. Only this isn't a film. This is real life. This is where monsters from the past come back to take revenge. This is where you are sometimes the monster. But real life? Sometimes, only sometimes, it turns out just like in the movies...maybe.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 12
More books by Steven Camden
Author's Facebook Latest
HarperCollins Children's Books an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers
4th June 2015
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11